Chapter 37

Bayne's POV

I woke up the next morning to the smell of sausage and waffles. I hummed as I stretched my arms up above my head, there was some tightness in my abdomen and lower back, but nothing I couldn't handle. When I opened my eyes I saw Josh looking down at me with a smile on his face. I blinked a few times, trying to clear my vision, and smiled back up at him.

"Morning gorgeous, did you sleep well?" he sat down on the edge of the bed and put a tray filled with food on the nightstand. When the food was safely put up he leaned down and kissed my forehead then my temple and finally my lips. As he pulled away I noticed some dried blood on his shoulder, upon taking a closer look I realized that the blood was his and it had come from the four puncture marks on his left shoulder, my mark. I smiled as the memory from last night came flooding back to me.

"Like the dead... where's Aiden?" I don't care who you are, no one likes to wake up after a night like that to find out the person, or one of the people, you had an amazing time with is gone. Josh just chuckled a little and stroked my cheek.

"He had an emergency that he needed to attend to. He shouldn't be gone too much longer." I just nodded and leaned into his hand. "You hungry?"

"Ugh, YES!" Josh smiled and pulled his hand away to reach for the food tray he had before. I moved to sit up when I flinched due to muscle soreness and tightness. Josh must have noticed because he turned to me quickly with worry etched on his face. "I'm fine. Just some sore muscles." I told him with a smile.

"You know the best way to fix sore muscles is to work them more... until they stop hurting." He wiggled his eyebrows at the insinuation. I just rolled my eyes and lightly smacked him.

"Food first." He grumbled slightly but smiled at the promise of something more in the near future.

"Yes ma'am." He laughed as he handed me the tray full of food. I didn't realize how hungry I was until I started eating. The taste of the sausage on my tongue woke up my stomach and effectively turned my hunger up to ten. I couldn't believe how quickly I devoured the plate of food, I was just glad that Josh had already had his breakfast and didn't ask for any of mine. When I finished my meal I looked at Josh and smiled as he took the empty plate from me. I sat up straighter and leaned my back up against the headboard, stretching a little more to get the stiffness out.

"You know, a nice hot bath will relax those muscles... I'll even give you a shoulder rub."

"That sounds amazing." I hummed out, Josh smiled as he leaned down and gently placed a kiss on my forehead.

"I'll be right back." He turned and headed to the bathroom. He left the door open so I could see him lean over the tub to turn on the water. My eyes zeroed in on his backside with their main focus on his ass. I felt like I couldn't look away, and something inside me didn't want to. After watching Josh put some bath salt and bubbles in the tub I decided it would be best to get up now before he came back in and carried me into the bathroom like a caveman. As I sat up straighter in bed the covers fell down to my waist, it was then that I realized that I was still completely naked from the night before. I grabbed a button down shirt that was laying at the end of the bed and threw it over my shoulders. When I stood up the shirt went down to my mid-thigh and when I took a sniff it smelled like Josh. I smiled as I took another whiff, my eyes closed and mind settled. All this because I could smell Josh on a shirt...

I walked over to the open door of the bathroom and smiled when I saw Josh hadn't noticed me come up behind him. I slowly walked up to the other side of the surprisingly large tub and dipped my hand in to test the waters temperature.