"You would do whatever it took to protect them... to protect her?" I followed his line of view back to Bayne and Tori. "I'm guessing the pregnant one is yours... seeing as how the two big alpha brutes both currently have a hand on the psychotic one." Everyone but Bayne growled, she just gave one of her famous smirks.

"Perceptive. There's nothing you have or can say that will change the fact that you will die today." Bayne said then looked at me. Her nonverbal hints told me to end his pathetic life before he could implant any seed of doubt. I turned back to the rogue. Before he could say anything I grabbed his face and turned so I had full access to his temple. The daggers tip was sharp enough that when I gently placed it on his temple it pricked him and drew blood.

"Now this might hurt just a little..." I smiled one last time then pushed the dagger into his head while he screamed. Bayne was right, it would hurt him like hell. The rest of the time he was alive he was in agony. I rolled my eyes at his sobs but when they stopped I looked down at him.

"Huh... the little punk lasted longer than I thought." Sercko's voice was like nails on a chalk board. "And you..." by this point he had everyone's attention. He was looking at Bayne. "I thought for sure you would have killed him. I mean I know why you can't kill me, but that doesn't mean you couldn't have killed him. Had a hand in my death somehow."

"I'm turning over a new leaf. I have my children to worry about now. I'm not going to be a killer now that they're here. They will never see the monster you created." Sercko just smiled at her, at all of us. "Well, seeing as how we have a minute... you mind if I get a few things off my chest. Let the dammed have a few last words?" I heard a few growls. From who I don't know but if I had to guess I would say the twins were the owners.

"You mean you want to stall long enough for you to talk your way out of this and get away..." I called out. I knew he had ways of making distractions long enough for him to get away.

"Oh... no. I know my time is come to an end. Besides I'm tired. When you live to be nearly thirteen hundred years old you come to realize when your time truly is up. That's why I took the precautions and risks I took. While you and your mates were having fun shaking it up in the big house, I took it upon myself to one day have a successor. Someone who would carry my blood through their veins. I did have quite a few options open for the taking, whether any of them took to my seed is a question for another day but I made sure at least one of them would conceive."

"I didn't think vampires could have children..." Aiden said.

"Not with other vampires or humans, no. But a fertile wolf has a gene that suppresses and changes the vampire's infertile tendencies. That's why the women I bedded were all lone or rogue wolves. One of them is bound to have a baby, and that baby will be dammed to live out their days with the same curses I've had."

"What curses?" Josh asked.

"My beloved was taken from me! She was killed by her own kind... by your kind! A wolf, slaughtered by other wolves. You see it all the time, but you see rogues who leave the pack or are kicked out because they did something wrong. I saw a woman who loved me and was no longer accepted by the people she called family. The love of my life was taken from me because of what I was. Because I was a "blood sucker" and a monster. So when she was left on my door step, torn to pieces and almost unrecognizable, I decided to become exactly what they thought I was. I would be the monster they feared and I would show them they were right to fear me."

"So you created a weapon of poetic justice..." Bayne said under her breath. "It's a touching story, but your minute is up. Aaron..." she didn't need to tell me what to do. I bent over the dead rogues body and slit his throat over a bowl that I brought in. Blood poured out slowly from his lifeless body and it reeked. When the bowl was full I took it across the hall and stood in front of the door to Sercko's cell. The guard unlocked the door, the whole time I never took my eyes off the man responsible for so much pain in the world, so much destruction. He had been knocking on deaths door for quite some time now, and now we had the chance to send him to hell.

"Rot in hell you bastard." I grabbed his hair and pulled his head back. He didn't put up much of a fight, even opened his mouth and willingly swallowed the poisonous blood. Once the blood was down and in his body he started convulsing and bleeding from his ears. He coughed up blood and black fluid was pouring from his eyes. He didn't scream, but a gurgling sound was heard. This went on for an hour before he went still. His eyes completely white with black tears streaked down his face. I'd never seen a vampire die, but Hollywood had it wrong. They don't disintegrate into a pile of ash, there's a body that needs to be cleaned up and a room that needs to be sanitized. His dead body sent out a stench that couldn't be handled for long, especially for a new and expecting mother.

"Get Bayne and Tori out of here. They don't need to be breathing in this stink." I said without looking back at them. Sercko was dead. We could move on without fear of him coming out of hiding and making our lives living hell. We were free.