The Day My Mother Died, Changed My Life - Chapter Eight

Chapter 8 – The move

-Corey’s point of view throughout the whole chapter!-

Being wide awake at 6am in the morning should be illegal. Not am I just wide awake I have so much energy it’s unreal, maybe I’m just excited for Josh coming live with us. EKKK!

I’m currently sat next to Skye eating my tasteless breakfast so fast I can’t taste it, my legs won’t stay still they keep bouncing. I shove a couple of spoonfuls of this crap into my mouth, and stare out the window. I see a bird singing her beautiful bird song, a smile creeps onto my face as I lock eye contact with the bird. I spoon some more of the shiz in my mouth, just swallowing not bothering to chew, still keeping eye contact with the bird. This bird needs a name, Shelly? Yes, Shelly. Shelly sang louder than before now, I smiled at her and she flew away. I sighed and carried on staring out of the window out onto the perfectly emerald green grass a patch of daisies grew in a pile. Daisies are so delicate they stand tall, have you ever noticed the pink tips some daisies have on their perfection white leaves? Pretty amazing really.

“Hey Josh, we have to go” Skye said making me jump. She giggled and pulled me up. Grumbling I grabbed the keys to the truck, and pulled out my jacket from the cupboard under the stairs. Skye said she needed to go to the bathroom so I walked outside and sat down by the daises. I picked a few and carefully made a daisy chain to fit around my head, and wore it at a headband. Giggling to myself I lay down on the grass staring up at the sky, isn’t it weird that everyone on earth can see the same sky, maybe not at the same time of day but the same damn sky. A butterfly flew past minding its own business it landed on the grass about a meter away from my head. Smiling I decided it would be an epic idea to try and catch this butterfly, this butterfly needs a name too! Sid? Yes Sid. I held my breath so that wouldn’t scare Sid away. She fluttered her wings, I silently awed at how cute it looked. I counted to 5.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5! And quickly rolled over and covered her body with my hands, she tried to fly away. But I was too quick for her and caught her; I smiled at my win, and slowly opened my hands and let Sid crawl onto my finger. She fluttered her wings again and walked a little along my finger so she was perched on the end. She looked into my direction, sort of saying thank you for letting her free and then she took to the sky with her little wings fluttering higher until she was out of sight. I smiled again and slowly made my way into the garage around the back of our house, straightening my daisy chain around my head. I unlocked the truck jumping into it, sliding my seat belt on around myself. Flicked on the radio, and Dark Side by Kelly Clarkson was on. I smiled, one of my favourite songs much? Immediately lyrics started popping out of my mouth.

Everybody’s got a dark side

Do you love me?

Can you love mine?

Nobody’s a picture perfect

But we're worth it

You know that we're worth it

Will you love me?

Even with my dark side?

Don’t run away

Don’t run away

Just tell me that you will stay

Promise me you will stay

Don’t run away

Don’t run away

Just promise me you will stay

Promise me you will stay

I belted my heart out singing until Skye slid into the car laughing, how dare she laugh?