The Day My Mother Died, Changed My Life - Chapter seven

Chapter 7 – Parents

-Corey’s point of view-

I quietly shut my car door, after just driving Josh home from our amazing date. Tip toeing towards the house to be bombarded by Skye staring at me. She was surrounded by chocolate wrappers and cheese, she waved at me throwing a crunchie at me telling me to come eat with her. “Skye what the fuck?” I plopped my but down on the floor beside her, she tore open her crunchie chewing on the top she giggled. “I had some chocolate and come here and i’ll whisper it to you” I butt shuffled a little closer then she cupped her hands over my ear and whispered “and vodka!” She leant back on the edge of sofa, giggling pulling out a bottle of vodka from underneath it. I sat here staring at her, what the hell? She never acts like this, not even on special occasions. I snatched the bottle off her, “What do you think you’re doing?” I shouted.

“I’m drinking, Simples!” She said with a giggle, she’s fucked! “Mom and dad went out, you were fucking MY BEST FRIEND!” she shouted the last bit. Oh. Now i get it. She looked at me, with eyes afraid of being left behind “I’m sorry Skye i-i didn’t mean to fall in love with Josh-” I got cut off, by her gasping.

“What did you just say Corey? What did you say?”

“I said that I didn’t mean to fall in love with Josh, why?” I asked confused.

“You love him?” she snorted, “You don’t love anyone.”

“What are you saying? That I don’t love you Or Josh? Because I do! I really do. Josh makes me feel like complete I think. I was just a friend when his mother past because you were hurting to, but now I think I love him” pause “No Skye, No I love him! I do, I do, I do, I do!” I looked into her beautiful eyes her she had eyes identical to mine and mothers. All she said was oh. She knew I meant every word of what I’d just ranted over.

“Don’t leave me okay?” She whispered with tears running down her face. Why would I leave her?

“What do you mean?” She handed me a piece of paper, it said:

Kids, me and your father have gone away, we should be back soon. We have left you two credit cards, for the both of you, spend what you want. Keep the house clean, I hired a cleaner.

Oh and, Katie and the kids are coming to live with you, they don’t have enough money to keep their house. I’ve notified school that none of you will be in school for a week. Katie also has a credit card, Josh may have one too. Please behave, Look after your sister Corey please. Love parents. x

I looked up at Skye her eyes all puffy from crying so much, I cuddled her into my chest. Whispering “I won’t leave, and you know Josh will always be your best friend. You just have to share him a bit now, and I’m not going anywhere. You should know that” she nodded, and i squeezed her tighter.

“I’m sorry for being a total peepee Corey” She said with a sad face.

“Skye, you just called yourself a penis, you have to be out of you head. Let’s get you to bed, can you walk?” She shrugged, causing me to chuckle. I picked her up and set her down on the sofa while I tidied up her mess. She ended up falling asleep on the sofa, so i genially picked her up carrying her up the stairs into her bedroom and placing her into bed. I covered her up and kissed her forehead, she’ll have one smasher of a hangover tomorrow. Closing her door I went back downstairs to get a drink, jumping up onto the side after poring myself a drink of coke. I crossed my legs sitting there thinking of Josh, he was perfect and I told him i loved him today. Yes I love you Josh Allen Taylor! My lips curved into a smile that reached ear to ear. My phone buzzed, taking it out of my pocket it was from Josh, opening it up it said: “Thank u for 1 epic date. See u 2moz. Anyway Katie called a house meeting so I gotta dash. Bye xx