Chapter 2

I was right. Rumours did spread. Rumours. They can break you. But when the rumours are true it's even worse. Ripping your clothes off, exposing you to the world. Your naked. Nothing to protect you, and everyone's laughing. There's no where to hide, no where to run. Surrounded by people but your alone. Hurt, my stomach is turning inside out, my heart in my mouth, my whole body is pulsing. Yet they still laugh.

But just like school, home is just as frightful. I throw my plimsolls off before placing them down orderly in my distressed hall way. I silently walk into my kitchen to be greeted by my living nightmare. Tall, pale, intimidating. He dark eyes stair me down as I place my glass of water on the spotless surface.
"Isabella, coaster"
I lean across the counter taking a coaster off him with my uneasy hands. As I take a breath of relief, I hear the piercing sound of a shattering glass against the stone floor I stand upon. Before I could even think of my next move, I found myself sprinting up the staircase. Trying to hide from the monster I was so terrified of. But it was to late, I was caught. My head. Bouncing off ever step as I'm dragged down back into the kitchen. I don't even scream anymore, I'm not afraid of what might happen. I already know. I am carried into the kitchen and finally threw onto the glass I broke. Every fragment cutting into any hope I no longer have.
"Look what you did!"
I look to the ground rather than the growling dog in front of me.
"Isabelle, look at me when I'm speaking to you.."
As he roughly pulls my hair down until I look up.
"see look what you made me do..."
as he throws the clump of hair he pulled out into the bin. Then goes on to sanitises his boney fingers.
"When I was in the military i would have got 50 lashes for something like that. Lucky you've caught me in a good mood. Now move out my way and don't bother me again."
I quickly scuffle off in the bathroom. I undress myself to see I'm bleeding head to toe. My white shirt now red, my tights all ripped, my mascara half way down my face and a chunk of my hair missing. As I begin to run a bath, I start tweezing the broken pieces of glass out of my skeleton like figure. Every piece worse than last. My bath is now full to the brim and piping hot, just how I like it. All the glass is now it the bathroom bin where it belonged in the first place, not my body. The water is making my whole body sting. My bath filled with; water, tears, blood and hope. Hope that one day I'll break from this nightmare, and live in my dream. A dream of happiness and family and a place where I'm not petrified to get a glass of water in case I do something wrong. That'd be my dream.