Chapter 29

Clare drove me home, which I was grateful for, since I didn't have the energy or the willpower to walk home. I ache all over and I cannot stop crying. 

My mom is giving me a lot of space, since whenever she says anything to me, I seem to snap and go all ballistic. Even though Charlie never compared to Tristan, he saved me, and I love him for that. 

I glance at the mirror in the bathroom and see mascara has run all over my cheeks. Ugh, this is so cliche. But I refuse to be like other heart-broken girls. 

"I refuse!" I say, pumping my fist in the air, and I hear my sister laugh from the hallway, meaning she heard me. "Mom, Anna's being weird again." Emma whines, and I can't help but laugh. "Sorry." I yell back, giggles escaping my lips. 

The doorbell rings, but I ignore it, hoping that someone else will get it. After the bell rings five more times, I groan and walk downstairs, probably seeming like a zombie. I have no idea who is outside, but never the less, I put on a fake grin and open the door. Seeing Tristan outside, looking nervous, my smile falls and I slam the door shut. 

"Anna!" I hear Tristan shout, his voice muffled by the door as he pounded against the wood. "Let me in!" With a growl, I open the door, and narrow my eyes. "What are you doing here?" I ask bluntly, my voice bored, and Tristan raised his eyebrows in surprise, probably not expecting me to get straight to the point. 

"Um, well, I heard you and Charlie broke up." He says slowly, not sure if he should continue talking. He watches my expression carefully, but I maintain the same bored expression. "Come with me." Tristan says, grabbing my hand and hauling me out the door. Since it is the beginning of winter, it is cold, and since I am wearing a T-shirt and sweatpants, I immediately start to shiver. 

We sprint to his car, and when we get in, I turn up the heat to stop my teeth from chattering. Tristan wraps his arms around me, and I immediately start to warm up. "Shit Anna! Sorry, I should have probably told you to bring a coat." He apologizes sheepishly, and I smile back. 

"Where are we going? Or did you just bring me out here to sit in your car?" I tease, and he laughs. "Just wait and see." He tells me, making me pout and turn away. I reach over to turn on the radio, right when he does, so our hands brush, but I quickly pull away, my face red for some odd reason. 

He changes the station, and 'Till I Collapse, by Eminem starts to play. I find myself singing along to it, making Tristan look at me weird, and I turn ever redder. I guess he didn't expect me to start rapping. 

"So..." I awkwardly start, fiddling with my hands. "Why?" I turn to him to ask, and he looks at me in confusion. "It is your fault that Charlie and I broke up. And, What. The. Fuck. The pictures?!?" I screech, and he looks away. 

"You are lucky that you already started driving, because it is too far to walk home in a T-shirt if I jumped out right now." I say coldly, and Tristan casually locks the door. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have, but that was the first picture I took." He points out, and I roll my eyes. 

"Did you actually love him?" Tristan asks, and when I nod, he flinches. "Anna, I'm sorry." He forces out, and I scoff. "No your not." "Fine, I'm not, but I am sorry that I caused you pain. I never wanted to do that, but please, give me another chance." Tristan pleads, and I raise an eyebrow mockingly. 

"Oh, why, so I can fall in love with you again, but by the time that happens, it is Christmas and you have to leave." I ask bitterly, and he sighs in disappointment, and an uncomfortable silence fills the car again.

Tristan's POV

"Oh why, so I can fall in love with you again, but by the time that happens, it is Christmas and you have to leave." I flinch, and look away from her. Christmas was in three weeks, she was right. 

"And soon I will be falling so fast, but you won't be there to catch me." She whispers quietly, and I perk up. She still loves me, I can tell. "Please, just give me a chance!" I grab Anna's hand, and clasp it in mine, but when she tries to pull away from me, I drop her hand in defeat. 

Without looking at her, I continue driving. I can feel her gaze on me, but I do not turn. Even though she rejected me, I am still going to the movies with her. There was a discount if I brought a friend. 

"Fine." I hear her whisper under her breath, and my jaw drops. I pull off to the side of the road, before tackling her in a hug, after a while, she pushes me off her, and looks at me like I am crazy. 

"Sorry." I quickly apologize, as I turn back onto the highway. When we pull into the movie theater, Anna raises an eyebrow at me."So cliche." She says, clicking her tongue, and I grin. "What movie?" She asks, and I hand her our tickets. 

"It?" She squeaks in surprise, and I chuckle. "Not so cliche anymore, is it?" She scoffs and we walk to our seats. Since it is an expensive AMC movie theater, there are recliners, and with a squeal, Anna jumps onto hers, landing with an 'umph'. 

I sit beside her and put up the armrest. She subconsciously slides closer to me, and rests her head on my shoulder, making me grin. 

*** 

It is half-way through the movie, and Anna is currently lying on my lap, with her face buried in my chest, as I watch the clown approach the unsuspecting boy in terror. My eyes widen as he starts to bring the knife down... until I feel Anna's shoulders shaking and I quickly wrap my arms around her. 

"You okay, baby?" I ask in concern, and I hear Anna sniffle before she looks at me, tears running down her face. "The flashbacks." She says sadly, and I quickly carry her out of the theater, bridal style. I wasn't sure if she meant her father abusing her, or the gang abusing her, but I didn't want to ask.

"You didn't need to do that, babe." She says, wiping her eyes, but freezes when she sees the grin that takes over my face. "You called me babe." I tell her with a knowing smirk, and she rolls her eyes. "Just second nature, I am so used to calling boys that." She says, obviously trying to make me jealous, and I do. 

My grin falls off my face as I mutter, "Fuck off." "Fine, I will." She tells me indignantly, getting up, but I grab her wrist and swing her back towards me. I pull her a little too hard, and she crashes into me. 

Her lips crash into mine, and by the surprised looks on our faces, we didn't expect it. She starts to pull away, but I reach out to stop her. Her hands snake around my neck and she deepens the kiss. 

Hey peoples,

Soo...yeah, life has been hell, but whatever. Sadly, I will be wrapping up this book soon, but I already started working on the sequel! Although I might not publish it. If you could just click the vote button, then I will publish the next chapter even sooner. Please?

Love y'all,

-Ce_H65