Chapter 2

I hope you guys are liking the book so far :)

Sunday night soon comes and by seven, the street is filled with parked cars going to Sam's party. Tristan and Clare had both arrived at my door at five and were currently sitting on my couch watching TV. 

After they get bored of watching talk shows, they suggest that we go to the party then. Sam's house is much bigger than mine, with 3 floors and a giant backyard. 

Her house is filled with people, some from school, most from somewhere else. We say hi to Sam, but then Tristan goes to find drinks and Clare leaves to find food, so I am left alone. 

I start wandering through the house and find myself standing at the closed glass doors that lead outside. As I stare into the dark forest that stands behind the house, I feel a pair of strong arm circle my waist. 

"Hey, baby" A husky voice says behind me and I feel a chin rest on my shoulder. I whirl around and find myself face to face with the boy I had seen Sam with last week. 

His face is even more breathtaking up close, and his muscular arms are still around me. His eyes are dark with desire and the way his body sways makes it obvious that he is drunk. 

His arms slide down my back and pull me closer to him. His face comes closer to mine and when his lips find me, he pushes me against a wall and starts to run his fingers through my hair. 

I try to push him off me, but it is no use.

 "Get the fuck off her." I hear someone growl. 

 Suddenly I feel his heat leave my body. I look around and find Tristan standing between me and the boy, who is on the floor clutching his chest.   

Tristan is looking at the boy with raw anger, but when the guy groans and looks at him, Tristan's anger changes to surprise. 

"Ryder?" He asks in shock. My jaw drops. "WHAT?!?" I ask in disbelief. At that moment, Sam comes in the room with a smile, but when she sees Ryder on the floor, she stops in her tracks and looks around the room in shock. 

"Whats happening?" She asks in confusion. "Ryder, what's going on?" Ryder gets up with little difficulty and throws Tristan a glare. His fists clench and his muscles bulge. "Nothing." He mutters before storming out of the room with Sam at his heels. I stare at them leaving and keep staring even after they leave. 

"Anna, are you okay?" Tristan asks in concern. I nod, but I cannot find the words to speak. 

His hand reaches up and wipes a tear off my face that I had not known was there. He walks towards me and wraps his arms around me and I bury my face in his shirt. I can feel his muscles tense from behind his shirt and he hesitantly pulls me closer. 

I push off of him and look fully at his face. His soft features smile back at me. Pieces of his long black hair cover half of his eye and I reach up to tuck it behind his ear. I loop my hands behind his neck and he pulls me into a light kiss. I moan softly under his lips and kiss him harder. 

Time slows and I feel Tristan's tongue exploring my mouth. It feels so good, so right. My lips mold into Tristan's, and I notice how perfectly I fit into his arms. My breath stops as I realize something.

 I. Like. Tristan. 

Shit. 

His phone suddenly chirps in his pocket and he quickly lets go of me and checks the text. My face heats up and I glare at his phone. 

He frowns at what he sees and walks away without another word. I go back to the main room of the house to look for Clare. I see her joking with a group of boys while leaning against a boy who looked vaguely familiar.   

I start to walk towards her, but I do not want to interrupt. I text to her that I am leaving and she can find me at my house before walking out of the room to the door. 

I pass Tristan who is leaning against a door frame talking quietly on the phone. I catch some of the words that he says into the phone. 

"I know...to late...worried...yeah...not yet." 

He is talking it a worried tone and his voice softens at the last part of the conversation. "I love you". I feel my heart twist in my chest and I feel tears threaten to fall. 

After closing his phone, Tristan briefly turns toward where I am standing, but when he sees me, he quickly looks away.

I'm not going to lie, it hurt a little. 

Okay, a lot. 

By trying to turn our friendship into something more, I lost it altogether. 

Oh crap, what have I done. I walk home and when I get to my room, I collapse on my bed and bury my face in a soft pillow.   

After all my tears dry up, I close my eyes and slip in subconsciousness.

In my dream, I was back at Sam's party in Tristan's arms. 

When his phone chirps, I give him a seductive smile and reach into his pocket. Then I toss his phone to the side of the room and press my lips back onto his. 

He groans and presses my back against a wall, like Ryder did, but this time there is no force. This time nothing is held back... 

I wake up from my blissful paradise as reality smacks me in the face. Or something close to reality. 

A pillow smacks me in the face again and I protect my face with my hands. 

"Stop it." I groan as I squint and look around the room, trying to find my assailant. I found her standing by the side of my bed with a big grin on her face. 

"Emma!" I complain and I try to glare at her. But I can't help but laugh when I see her in her sparkly pink sweater with a really fat cat on the front. 

"Mom wants you to get up." Emma says before whirling on her heels and walking out.