Chapter 20

I'm writing this on my tablet, so there will be a lot of mistakes. Sorry.

"If you're not going to tell me, them leave me alone!" I hiss and Tristan looks at me sadly.

"I really need to talk to you, and it would help if you weren't being such a bitch about it." He growls and I clench my fists, but he continues.

"I leave for a second and you're gone just like your father." He sneers and I gasp.

I turn my back to him and glare at the wall. "Get out." I whisper tears brimming my eyes. "Wait, I-"

"Get out!" I scream, cutting him off. He had crossed a line, we both knew it. I feel tears run down my face and my body starts to shake.

"Just stay out of it. You will only make it worse, you already have." He growls and I whimper. My heart was getting crushed, over and over and over again. He was killing me. And I was letting him.

"Why can't you just leave me? You have caused me nothing but pain." I whisper to myself, thinking that Tristan had left, aparently not.

"I will." He says quietly, causing more tears to hit my face. The room goes silent for a moment, and when I look around, I see that Tristan had left.

Even though I had yelled at him to leave, it still hurt that he didn't fight for me. Couldn't he see how much I was suffering? Didn't he care?

It was his fault that I was in the hospital, I thought he would feel guilty. But he just kept leaving when I needed him, and flipping out when I left him.

I was tired of all that shit!

I hug my knees and gently rock myself, and I realize something.

Tristan never apologized for calling me a slut. How did he get me to forgive him? With an indignant humph, I get up and start to walk through the hall to look for Tristan.

I see him sitting in the waiting room, angrily shouting into the phone. When he sees me, he stands up and ends the call he was in.

"Hi." He says quietly, and I slap him. "How dare you call me a slut, you bastard." I seethe, and he looks at me in confusion.

"Did something happen while I was on the phone?" He asks and I cross my arms over my chest.

"You never apologized for calling me a slut!" I nearly scream, causing a few nurses to give us weird looks.

"I didn't?" He says, surprised, and I nod. "You just used the death of my father to cover up your mistakes." I say, my voice breaking and he wraps his arms around me.

Being the inactive person that I am, when I try to push Tristan away from me, it does nothing. Damn, is he made of muscle?

"Look, I'm sorry that I called you that. I'm sorry I jumped to terrible conclusions. I was just so mad when I thought of you with someone else." He says and I press my face against his chest. "Damn it, I missed the funeral." I curse. "Stupid coma."

It was sad that I was more disappointed that I didn't get to wear my dress more than the fact that I missed my dad's funeral.

Tristan weaves his fingers through my hair and pulls me closer to him. "We need to talk." He says, and my heart sinks.

****

"What?" I whisper, wiping away heartbroken tears. "But, but..." I silently sob into my hand, and I feel Tristan wrap his arms around my shoulders. "I'm sorry baby." He cooes and a deep growl sounds from my chest. "No you're not."

He looks away from me and nods. "I know, I'm not." He says, but then reaches out and turns my chin to face him. "I don't want to leave you..." He cups my face with his hands and stares into my eyes. "But this is the only way." He says sternly, and I shove him away.

"Stop giving me that crap!" I hiss angrily. "You are leaving me, you're fucking leaving me!" I see tears brimming Tristan's black eyes and I have to sit on my hand to stop myself from reaching out to comfort him.

"I have to." He whispers, his voice raw with pain. Tristan tucks a strand of hair behind my ear and wipes away a tear.

"Portugal?" I ask incredulously. Tristan is leaving for Portugal before Christmas. He is leaving for 2 years to study something, but I know that is not the real reason that he is leaving.

"I had a brother you know." Tristan tells me and I gasp. "What?" I squeak. I thought Tristan was an only child. "He's dead." He says flatly.

"Killed by the guys who kidnapped you. Just because of a bit of money. The blood money that the people got from killing him was spent on drugs! Fucking drugs for my brother's life!" He whispers, tears running down his face.

I wrap my arms around him and he rests his head on my shoulder. "I have to leave." He says. "If I don't, they will kill you." He says, and I gasp. I look at him in shock, and he nods. "Who even are they?"

Tristan just shakes his head, not saying more. "Tristan, please." I beg him, clutching his arm, but he shakes me off. "There are gangs, and the deals that my parents make prevent them from selling drugs. Apparently, Ryder is in the biggest drug gang that we are fighting, but I made a deal with them to move away and not take up my parents business. They also said if I stayed, then they would hurt you. But there are other gangs that will hurt you, be careful."

Damn it, he was scaring the hell out of me. He distractedly glances at his watch, and impatiently taps his finger. "Do you have somewhere to be?" I ask him, and he nods. "Go." He gets up to leave, when I reach out and grab his arm. "And thanks for making me scared that a bunch of gang people will murder me in my sleep." I say chirpily and he chuckles.

"Just lock your door." He says with a smile, before leaving. I get off my bed and stretch my muscles. I only have to stay in the hospital another night, well, I chose to stay another night. I didn't really want to get back to reality. Although I hated how Tristan kept ditching me to continue his life, I know it seemed selfish, but he got me into this mess. And now he was leaving to get me out. Damn it, why???

Hey peoples,

How are you doing? Sorry this chapter took so long I was busy lying on the couch watching movies. Because this is taking up a lot of my time, I need 10 votes if you want me to publish the next chapter. Love y'all,

-Ce_H65