Chapter 1

My heart is screaming out my chest, like the voices in my head. As my jaw slips open, I line up all the pink, white, blue coloured tablets. Tears streaming down my face, yet my fear was no where to be seen. Is this the end?

It's peaceful. The early morning sun peers through the crack of my curtain, and the birds sing there merry tune to the passers by. I stair at my bleak ceiling wondering about what this day may bring. Thrills and excitement or the usual drag. My day dream was suddenly broken by the calling of the drill beside me. After turning off the hell-clock, I stretch my whole body before cracking my toes and leaving the bedroom. I gaze at myself in the mirror analysing every; spot, pore, scar, bruise, cut. I man handle my makeup bag before I finally find my "good foundation" I pinch a brush and start rubbing. Into every crack, every crease, every secret. I rush the rest of my makeup before slipping into my white shirt, black flowing skirt and thick black tights. I grab my tie slowly weaving and winding before I hit perfection. Just the way he likes it.
The large gates stair me down as I stroll through, admiring the newly planted flowers with little interest. Before I was interrupted
"Smile Belle it might be your last!"
I show a glance of a smile before dropping my head ten time lower than it already was.
"What wrong with you moody, you've been like this for ages now"
" I'm fine. Just drop it okay?"
"Belle I've know you for 10 years, you know you can tell me anything right?"
I know Jack means well, he always does but I don't want him nagging down my ear about his "always there" his never then most of the time his ball deep into some bit of skirt his found round the local, that can't keep her knickers of for more than 5 seconds. I nod my head a walk off, leaving him mumbling to himself about god knows what.
School the breeding ground for gossip, rumours, slags, std's and whatever else these shallow people bring to it. However there not all bad. I'm reminded by this when i feel someone hugging me from behind.
"Guess who?"
"My worst nightmare"
"Hey! How'd you get it so fast"
Tia. My best friend, and one of the realist people I know. She tells everyone what she thinks good or bad- the reason why I'm her only friend.
"Hey tia, so what's the scoop for today?"
"Right so, Tom and James are officially a thing and..."
I watch her mouth rabbit away as i pretend to look in such interest, when really I'm thinking about what to cook myself for tea.
"... and why are you wearing a coat it's boiling in here"
The spell was broken
"Oh erm I dunno I'm comfy"
"Your wearing a coat on the hottest day of the year because your comfy? okay my best friend it's officially a weirdo"
Of course I wasn't comfy. I felt as if my inside were being boiled in there own blood. But I couldn't take it off, I don't like my arms. I don't like what they reveal.
It 12 '0' clock and the sun was at its peak. I was sitting in a room with no air conditioning, no possible way of opening a window, cooking. The room is my oven and I'm the turkey wrapped in black tin foil, with little flowers on.
"Isabelle"
I was oblivious
"Isabelle! Hello earth to belle"
"Sorry sir, I was just erm.."
"Day dreaming as usual, come on dear take off your coat it's 30 degrees outside. This room is like a sauna"
Everyone was looking at me. Why not throw me in a cage and put me in a zoo. Just like an animal I was becoming more distressed. Heart rate rising, pupils widening, sweat streaming from my forehead. I close my eyes and take a deep breath before slowly taking out both of my arm. Just as I expected. Gasps, whispers, giggles.
"Class, class settle down please"
My eye began to fill. Sweat was no longer running down my face. Just tears. I snatch my things from the chair next to me before raging away from them self centred buffoons. I sit in the toilet, tissue in one hand and my lack of respect for this school in the other. Thinking of what rumours will erupt from this. The bathroom door swings open almost flying off its hinges.
"I heard. You look like shit"
Tia.