Chapter One - A New Year

Hello Guys! this is my first english story so i hope you like it setting aside the errors it may have.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1

A New Year

“Brandon, hurry up! We’re gonna be late for school and I cannot get another warning from Mr. Talbot.” I yelled while my hands grabbed everything they thought I would need for morning classes.

“I’m not the one being late every morning. You should fix your alarm.” He replied across the room.

“Yeah well, if you didn't spend too much time in the bathroom looking at yourself in the mirror, maybe I wouldn’t take this long getting dress.” I heard steps coming closer to where I was.

“Even if I were to spend five seconds in the bathroom, you would still make us be late. Just look at you right now, you have a serious memory problem. I bet you haven’t realized you just put a photo album in your bag.” Brandon said, pointing at a white book.

Ok. Maybe I have a little bit of a problem finding out where I put my stuff. So what? Sue me. I´ve had a lot of things in my mind these days. For a start, this year would be my last at High School. So much trouble for the title of ‘Senior’.

I took the photo album out and placed it in the drawer where it belonged “Now I’m ready.” I notified grabbing the keys of the car. I stopped. “You’re going to school like that?” I asked Brandon looking at his model outfit up and down.

“I have a reputation to maintain, Sis.” He grinned whit his perfect teeth. “I can’t disappoint the crowd.” His smile grew wider and even laughed a little bit. So much confidence packed in a seventeen year old boy.

I rolled my eyes and smiled with him.

We headed to the front of the house where the car was. We hopped in, and put the safety belts on. I started the engine and soon we were in the well known way to school.

“How was your week at Michael’s beach house?” I asked, starting a conversation.

“It was sick!” He shouted excited. “The house was huge Sis, with capital letters. The third day we threw a party where at least a hundred people were in the backyard and another hundred inside the house, it was so surreal I still can´t believe it happened.”

“I’m glad you had a great time Brand.” I told him keeping my eyes on the road. “But remember that vacation’s over and y…”

“… You need to study.” He finished the sentence. I quickly peeked at his way and could tell the change in the mood, it was palpable.

“You know I’m not telling you this because I like to torture you.” I said matter-of-factly. “But if your friends remind you to have a good time, then as your family I have to do the same with other things.”

“I know Sis, I know.” He sighed.

I stopped at a red light and turned to face him. “What’s wrong Brand? Talk to me.”

“What’s wrong?” He unexpectedly snapped. “Everything’s wrong. You are a senior now, and in less than a year I’ll be here by myself. I still don’t know what I want to do, even less where I want to go. Sometimes I feel like I’m staying behind, like I won’t be able to reach you anymore.”

 He turned his face away from me, but the driver’s mirror gave me a clear view of a sad face. I took a deep breath and smacked Brandon in the head.