Chapter Eleven - Mason's POV

Start from the beginning

Snorting, I dragged my fingers through my hair, I'll talk about her any way I want.

It's not her that's done this, it's you. He countered. You could have had everything that a male wolf should have, what your parents have got, what your friend has got, but instead you chose to be selfish and loose the only real thing that we will ever care about. That we will ever love. His voice becoming nothing but a whisper towards the end.

He was wrong, he had to be. I hated feeling like this. Constantly feeling the pang of jealousy in my gut, the wrenching pain in my chest and the overwhelming feeling of guilt and protectiveness. Never had I felt like that for anyone, so how can one tiny girl have that effect on me?

Because she was made for us and only us.

We could find another mate.

Now it was his turn to snort. You know that doesn't happen. We get one person, male or female, and they are ours as we are theirs.

Damn laws of nature!

A light knock on the door pulled my attention away from my wolf. "Hey, man." Jake said, leaning his head around the door. "Is everything alright? You looked a little messed up when you came back."

I was beyond that, so beyond that I didn't even feel like myself anymore. I didn't know what I felt. One minute I wanted her, then the next I didn't. Messed up was a freaking understatement.     

Urgh! Picking up my bleeping cell I threw it against the far wall. Some girl calling for a late night hook up was not what I needed right now.  Jumping off my bed and grabbing a clean shirt from the wardrobe I yanked the bedroom door open and stalked past a wide eyed Jake. I knew exactly what I needed. "Where are you going, Mas?"

"Out."

* * *

It hadn't been what I was expecting. I honestly didn't know what to expect, but this definitely wasn't it. Posters of old American and British rock bands decorated the light walls, along with pictures of what I'm assuming where friends and family. Nearly every table had worn out books, car magazines and CD's stacked on top and the most surprising thing, that had me doing a double take, was the leather jacket that was hung on the front on the wardrobe.

Seems my little mate isn't a complete nerd after all.

I watched her relaxed form, sitting on her bed with her legs outstretched, crossed at the ankle and her head leaning against the pillow. Her iPod was at her side and her eyes focussed on the book in front of her as her delicate fingers flicked the pages.

I hadn't ever really looked at Rain before. Sure I'd seen her countless times and I could describe every single detail of those eyes, but I can't remember ever taking in any other detail of her appearance. Like those killer legs she had. 

Crouched down on the terrace outside of her window, I couldn't help but feel like a stalker. Here I was, in the middle of the night, perched outside her window watching her like it was the most normal thing to do.

Man, I needed to sort myself out. What the hell happened to me? It always felt too personal so I've never bothered going round to a girl's house, let alone climb up the side of one and yet here I was. 

Setting her book down on her bed, Rainie stood up and walked out of her room and into, what I'm guessing was the bathroom. Minutes later she came out and I was suddenly at a loss for my breath.

Her shiny, chocolate hair cascaded around her face and her back before she lifted it and twirled it into some kind of messy knot. My gaze trailed every inch of her body, uncontrollably as if they were eating her up. It was no surprise, she did look pretty edible. She wore a white, laced tank top which fit to her body, a pair of shorts which barely reached past the top of her thighs and fluffy white socks.