Part 2-Lola

The first time he saw Sam was in a small nice but not posh hospital room. Sam was wrapped in a cream blanket tucked in Mary's arms. The father, John, was sitting in a arm chair next to the bed and Dean, Sam's brother was on his fathers lap trying to squirm his way onto the bed to get a better look at his new baby brother.  One look at Dean told Gabriel that he would one day become the mate of an angel and was Michaels vessel.

But that didn't matter to him. None of it did.

The only thing that mattered in this room was the small bundle of hope and joy wrapped in his mothers arms.

Sam Winchester.

Sam was the only thing that mattered and was the only thing he could think about.

He made himself visible to Sam only and walked up until he was standing at the edge of the bed and bent over so he could give his finger to Sam's tiny baby hand. When Sam took the offered finger and gazed up into Gabriel's eyes and started doing the baby version of a laugh. Something that shouldn't have been possible giving his young age and that fact that he had been born just hours before.  But he could not bring himself to care about that. All he could care about and think about was the look on Sam's face and in that very moment Gabriel knew he could never leave this kid and he had to protect him.

Snapping out of his trance and realising that it must look strange for Sam to be holding thin air he reluctantly took his finger back, pulling a disappointed noise from Sam.

Walking out the room, he stood in the hallway and when no body was looking snapped his fingers transforming himself into a petite midwife with strawberry blonde hair before walking back into the room.

The Winchesters all looked up at his entrance.

"Hey-a! I'm Lola. I just wanted to ask if I could take Sam for a little bit, so that I can give him a quick check up and observe him?"

He said in a overly happy high pitched voice.

Mary looked 'Lola' up and down before she reluctantly handed Sam to him.

"Thanks. It wont be long I assure you." He said as he carefully took Sam and walked out the room after Mary gave a brief nod.

Once outside he snapped them to an empty room in the hospital and changed his appearance back to his original vessel. Looking down at Sam's cute little face he sent out a silent prayer thanking his father for drawing him to Sam. Sam sleepily looked up at Gabriel and clasped a hold of his nose in one hand and his honey locks in the other. Smiling up at Gabriel.

Oh Father this child was going to be the death of him.

Gently taking the hand of his nose he let the little fist curl around his forefinger and index finger.

"Hey kiddo. I'm Gabriel. I'm going to look after you. I will always be here."

He looked down and saw that Sam was asleep he leaned down and kissed the top of his head, pouring a little bit of grace into the peck.  Feeling something wet on his cheek he lifted his hand and noticed for the first time in a millennia, he was crying. Wiping away the remainder of tears threatening to fall, he snapped his fingers and he was the perky midwife again and he was outside the Winchesters room again. With another glance at the sleeping boy in his arms he walked back into the room making sure to put an extra bounce in his steps.

"Here were go. All fine." He told them as he handed the still sleeping Sam over to Mary who also looked like she was about to drop at any moment.

Turning to leave the room he glanced at Dean and couldn't help himself. Walking over to Dean, who was now sat on the end of the bed, he kneeled down,

"What's your name?" Knowing he cant just call him Dean without raising suspicion. Whilst John may not be a hunter, Mary certainly was.

"D..Dean" Came the shy response. And Gabriel most certainly did not find that adorable.

"Well Dean-o. Do you want a lollipop?" He asked and pulled out a strawberry pop out of his pocket.

With a smile he left.