09 - Time To Go Home

Clarke's POV

My run-away home as I like to call it, its just out side of the city. Separated from all the stress and problems that i have to deal with everyday on my working life.

What can I say.
Having the life I have isn't as easy as people think.

"Dad. Will you be there at the art contest. I have a chance to win. And I promised I'll donate the money to that website to help kids rebuilt a school in Thailand"
I said. Looking up at my dad.
He put down his favorite pen and started typing on a laptop.
"Yeah. I'll be there. Sweetie. But right now I'm a bit busy with solving a big problem the world today have been suffering long before you were even born."
His fingers stopped moving. swung his rolling chair to face me and he leaned in and said
"Go to sleep clarke. When you wake up tomorrow. You'll be 5 years old. And I'll be here. I promise" he whispered and gave me a hug and forehead kiss before returning to typing again.
I walked down a long hallway from my dad's office. And looked for my mom.
I looked in the kitchen,
The living room, all the bathroom in the house. Even went to the patio. And then the basement, black yard. Front yard. I decided to check in their bedroom. Maybe she went to sleep early. She early does though.
I walked up the stare way and down another hall way. The main bedroom was at the first door on the left.
I slowly opened it and walked over to the bed.
I whistered
"Mom?...."
No one answered... So I walked closer and moved the blanket. It was just A pillow under the sheets.
Mom seems to be working late at the hospital again.
I made my way to room and lay on the bed looking up at my ceiling.
My parents made this professional painter paint the space or galaxy for me last year on my birthday.
I closed my eyes and

Opened it to see my house
I looked over to my right shoulder and found lexa had fallen asleep from the 30 minutes drive.

Pulling up to A speaker with card swipe as my truck stoped in front of the black with golden gate.

I dug in my truck compartment..being as quite as I can so lexa doesn't wake up.

She looked so peaceful.

I swiped my card and the gate opened as I drove my truck in from of the stares.

I jumped out and walked over to Lexa's side.
I slowly opened the door making sure she doesn't fall over.

I carried her up the stares. In the double doors. And up the stares again to A guess room. i layed her on the bed.