Chapter. Twenty One~

So be professional Alison. Walk in there with your head held high. I take a deep breath and the Elevator dings.  I walk out with my head high. Now he is your boss that's all right now. Nothing more nothing less. I walk through my office floor and give small smiles to my coworkers.

"It's been a while love, what's been going on with you. Why do look as if you've just had sex?" Ethan's high pitched voice makes me jump. I glance over at him as he walks with me to my office. I do blush a little at his comment about me having sex.

"Ethan, not the time or place." I warn him. I hear him groan and I watch as he rolls his eyes at me. He opens my office door for me and we walk inside. He shuts it and I lay my bag down and pull out some files I've been working on.

"Fine if you don't want to tell me now, we'll just go to lunch." He smiles as he sips his coffee. I roll my eyes,

"I'll think about it, Nosy." I comment. He chuckles before walking to the door.

"See you in a few hours." He throws a smile over his shoulder before leaving. A few minutes later Nikki knocks lightly on the door before she walks in.

"Morning Miss Kane." She greets me.

"Morning Nikki." I smile small at her. She returns the smile before speaking.

"There was a call from an Andy, she didn't leave a last name she just said you'd know who she is." She tells me. I nod. 

"Right, well thanks." She nods before leaving back to her cubicle. I search through my filing cabinet until I find Andy's. Let's take a look. For about an hour or so, I lost count, I reviewed her case. I don't think it's going to be easy for her but I'll try my hardest to help her win custody. Though I do have to take into factor that she isn't the best role model, but I believe she loves her son. She just needs to sober up a little and act more like an adult. We are in our late twenties. I'm twenty seven and she's not too far behind me so I think we should start acting our ages. I don't have any kids yet, but I know if I had one I wouldn't be acting the way Andy is. 

"Ready for lunch Miss Kane." Aiden's deep voice fills my office. I look up and send him a smirk.

"Sorry, but I have plans with someone already." His face changes to confusion. 

"Who?" He sounds.. Jealous. Aiden Parker jealous huh, haven't seen that since Jake had a crush on me back in high school.

"Ethan." I tell him as I neaten my desk like I always do before I leave for lunch. Aiden relaxes.

"The gay one?" He asks as blunt as he possibly could. I am kind of taken by surprise by his word choice. Not very appropriate for someone like him to say. Especially in a work environment like ours.

"Yes Aiden, the 'Gay One'." I scoff. He shakes his head.

"Didn't mean it like that Ali, you know that." He rolls his eyes. 

"I'm just glad he's gay so he can't steal you from me." He tells me. I roll my eyes now. Oh Aiden.

"He is pretty hot though." I comment to tease him, though I'm not lying. Ethan is pretty sexy. My first day here I had developed a crush on him but when I found out he was gay I was crushed. I like us better as friends though. We are alike but different in many ways. Aiden's brows raise and he stands straight. 

"Oh really now?" He questions me. All serious again. I giggle.

"Chill Aiden, we're just friends." I walk up to him.

"Excuse me Mr. Parker." I look up at him as he blocks the door from my reach. He smirks down at me before stepping aside slightly. He reaches forward and grabs my left arm before I can open the door. He pulls me into him and places a kiss on my lips. Damn he's good. He pulls back and smirks down at my face.

"You look cute when you blush Ali, even though your face looks like a baboons butt." He jokes. I roll my eyes and hit his chest lightly while letting out a giggle. Maybe he isn't so bad after all. With that I leave for lunch. I meet Ethan in the lobby and we head to our favorite Cafe. 

"So I saw Mr. Hottie go into your office, did anything happen?" He asks me as we find a table. I shake my head.

"Nope just reviewed a case we are working on together." I lie. He doesn't need to know that I'm back with Aiden. Also he's our boss and that's so unprofessional and It shouldn't be happening anyways. I know what we are doing is wrong but I just can't help it, but I can't give up my job either. I really like him but I love my job. I guess it's something we'll have to discuss.

"Ughh, you're holding back Alison. I know you and you aren't telling the full truth." He continues on. 

I sigh, "Ethan, nothing's going on. Now what's going on with Ross?" Ross is I guess Ethan's boyfriend. I'm not really sure what to classify him as, Ethan says they aren't together but they act like they are. Ethan groans before drinking some of his soda.

"Gosh I don't even know where to begin. He told me he loved me the other night but we aren't together. Also he posted pictures with another guy!" He exclaims, earning a few glances from some diners. 

"Ugh, No way!" I match his tone, in a joking manner. It's funny listening to a grown man gossip like a fourteen year old girl. 

"Haha, but yes." He mocks me. He changes the subject back to Aiden.

"But seriously tell me what happened. Is he the one who you slept with?" He asks me. I roll my eyes and scoff.

"You're ridiculous." I stand up and head out of the Cafe with him following me. I listen to him call after me trying to get my attention. He still won't shake the idea of me and Aiden being together. 

"Go to work Ethan." I tell him as we head back into our building. I do think I'm going to talk about Aiden and I being together tonight. I might invite him over for dinner or something. I don't know for sure yet, I just need to talk to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AHH yay! I got the chapter in tonight. Yay!!!

Thoughts and Opinions?

Comment and vote!

Love you all!