[6]:: zach dempsey

requested by @aikuro-mikisugi

"mack and zach sitting in a tree! k-i-s-s-i-n-g! first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes zach with a baby carriage!" sang zach's little sister, lily (a/n: i don't know her actual name

"mack and zach sitting in a tree! k-i-s-s-i-n-g! first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes zach with a baby carriage!" sang zach's little sister, lily (a/n: i don't know her actual name...?)

"haha. real mature, lily," said zach. he looked down and smiled at me.

"oh i'm so happy!" squealed his mom. "i knew it, the second you brought her over for the project in the seventh grade, you two were meant to be!"

she wrapped her arms around me. "you are an amazing young woman, and i am glad to have zach dating someone as lovely as you," she said. her sentence warmed up my heart.

"thank you, ma'am," i smiled.

my phone beeped with a text from my mom. "if you'll excuse me, i have to get home."

"bye, babe."  zach planted a kiss on my lips. i could hear mrs. dempsey squeal in delight and lily gag.

"bye," i replied before heading out the front door.

//

"hello, girlfriend," zach drawled out as he pulled me into a hug.

"hiya, boyfriend," i did the same, giggling. "god! i like saying that!" a guy walked by and i pointed to zach, "i have a boyfriend. this is him. my boyfriend."

zach laughed loudly.

"...um, good for you?" the boy said. he was just a young, confused freshman. poor thing.

"hey, let's skip all our classes and make out in the janitor's closet! except for bio, of course," i suggested, tugging on his sweatshirt.

"that would be a long time making out," zach laughed again.

"we'll have snack breaks, duh."

"i think we need to go to all of our classes," zach said.

i pouted my lip out, "most of our class?"

"fin—"

"what's cooking good looking?" bryce walker threw his arm around my shoulders.

"in your oven, the unrealistic idea of this—" i pointed between him and i, "ever happening." i crossed my arms over my chest.

"mackenzie and i are dating now," zach said, grabbing my hand as he glared daggers at bryce.

a couple other jocks came over, too. "really? i thought you two were like cousins or something. oh well, that doesn't mean you're off the menu completely, does it?" bryce asked.

"disgusting. order something else. today's special is human decency," i retorted.

"fine," he looked me up and down again. "my compliments to the chef."

"shit-head!" zach exclaimed. "leave her the fuck alone, or i will mess you the fuck up."

bryce scoffed, "you don't have it in you, dempsey."

zach and i turned to walk away.
"what a view!" bryce called out, sending zach into a fit of rage.

he spun around and hit bryce in the jaw. bryce was so stupid to have provoked zach with the height comparison, and how built zach is.

it would be like a giant anteater fighting a moose. not a fair fight. but hell if i care, the moose is fighting for me.

"you win. we're skipping all our classes today," zach said, grabbing my hand as we walked quickly out of school.

"where are we going?" i asked.

"how 'bout the aquarium?"

"sounds great."

a/n: hope you like it, mackenzie💚💚💛💚💚💛💛💛💛💚💚