[3]:: jeff atkins

requested by @shadowhunterdoll

(trigger warning: mention of rape)

tears were streaming down my face.

bryce was long gone, but he had left me paralyzed in the janitor's closet.
my lunch rose in my throat.

i vomited into a bucket. 'jeff,' i thought.

i have to find him.

struggling, i finally get my pants back on. i pull myself up and slowly make my way into the hallway.

"oh my god! amanda, are you okay?" jessica davis asked as she neared me.

"fuck off, jess. i have to find my boyfriend," i said. my voice was scratchy and hoarse from calling out, i felt like death. but the thought of finding jeff kept me going.

i got my phone out of my pocket and dialed his number. "amanda, i can't talk. i'm with clay."

"jeff, something happened." i said.

"amanda, my position on the baseball team is at stake here. i have to get my grades up. whatever 'emergency' you're having can wait."

"jeff, pleas—"

"i'll call you after."

he hung up. he hung up on me!

he was with clay which meant he was in the library.

i had a little more stamina and dragged myself down there. "jeffery atkins!" i yelped when his head came into my line of vision.

a young librarian shushed me.

jeff pinched the bridge of his nose. "amanda! why are you here?"

i grabbed his jaw and forced him to look at me.

"fuck! are you okay?" jeff asked, finally realizing the seriousness of the situation.

"do i look fucking okay?"

"what happened?" clay butted in.

"bryce wa–walker," i sobbed out, falling into my boyfriend's strong arms. but i was stiff.

"what the fuck did he do to you? i will fucking kill him!" jeff exclaimed.

"raped m-me," i shuddered.

i looked up to see so many emotions make their way into jeff's expressions. his jaw fell and his eyes became distant.

"clay, call the police. tell them two students were fighting and one is unconscious and possibly dead. actually scratch the dead part. i'll be back, baby," he kissed my forehead. "keep an eye on her, too."

jeff walked away and clay pulled out his phone. before dialing he spoke, "i don't wanna say 'how are you?" or 'are you okay?', because, how the fuck do you think. but, are you okay?"

"how the fuck do you think?" i joked humorlessly.

//

"thank you so much, clay," i squeezed him tight in a hug.

"i only did what jeff told me to," he said, hugging back.

"thank you," i mumbled.

"no problem. anything for jeff's girl." he hoped on his bike and ride home.

i turned around to jeff, today had been exhausting, and it was only the start of everything. but i knew i would be fine with jeff.

"you know i love you with everything i've got, right?" i said.

he broke down in tears, crumpling onto the ground in front of the police station. "i'm sorry i couldn't save you. i wasn't there to help you. and i was an asshole when you called me. and when you came to the library. i don't deserve someone as amazing as you."

i was next to him in an instant, rubbing his back and wiping his tears.
"jeff, don't you dare say that!"

"see! i should be the one comforting you right now!"

"listen here, jeffery atkins. i love you, and only you. you need to stop talking like this right now! what happened to me was not your fault and there was nothing anyone could be done! so please stop blaming yourself and start placing blame where it belongs! bryce fucking walker!"

"fucking dipshit."

"fucking fuckhole."

"i love you with everything i've got," said jeff. i teared up when he repeated my words.

"i know you do."

he pulled me in for a loving kiss.

i pulled away. "i'll be alright, won't i?"

"i'll try my best to help you be, amanda."

A/n: i hope you like it! i worked very hard on it and even cried a little😢. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️