:Dusk Until Dawn: [Chapter: 2] //A Vampire Romance//

Start from the beginning

A chuckle emitted from the guy above me. "You okay?"

I gazed at him before looking at the guy standing next to me. I squinted up, but couldn't make anything out. The lights weren't on.

"What are you doing?" a voice I recognized as Damian's questioned. "If you're going to molest innocent girls, please have the courtesy to not do it on our front porch."

"You make me sound like a pedophile!" the man complained, now holding a hand out to me. I stared at it unsure. "Take it," he ordered.

I reached up and took his hand and he quickly pulled me to my feet, as if I weighed as much as a feather. I stumbled on my feet and the stranger chuckled again before his gaze returned to Damian.

"Honestly..." the man muttered shaking his head.

"Well it isn't my fault is you're acting all creepy towards our new neighbor," Damian retorted coldly, shrugging his shoulders.

"I was just getting my key..."

I looked on the ground to see that the cookies were, luckily, all right. They had landed upright and looked fine to me. I bent down and picked them up.

"Here," I mumbled a little confused while handing the plate to the mysterious man.

"Lovely!" the man exclaimed, lifting up the foil. "Cookies!"

"Right," Damian remarked then turned to me. He paused as if debating something, and then sighed. "Are you going to just stand there all night or are you going to come in?"

It took me a second to realize the question was directed at me and I looked down at my feet. "Uh..."

"Of course she is coming in!" the other man decided putting a hand on my shoulder. He then began pushing me inside of Damian's house. I'm not sure if Damian noticed, but I caught him give a disapproving look to the stranger.

I stumbled along trying to look around but I couldn't see anything because all the lights were still off. How the stranger managed to maneuver me around with me hitting anything amazed me.

"Ow! Geez Damian, you could at least put on some lights," the man muttered after I heard a loud thud. I assumed he had run into something. Better him then me, I thought and smiled a little.

"I just got home a few minutes ago," Damian replied his voice having no body to go with it in the dark.

"Well then why aren't the lights on? They're supposed to be on."

I couldn't tell, but I wondered if there was double meaning in that. It sort of sounded that way.

"I went in the back door," Damian stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Why?"

"Because there was someone on the porch."

"So why didn't you go see who it was!"

Silence passed between the two. The stranger's face looked shocked, while Damian's had a kind of angry expression. The man shifted slightly. "So? Why?"

"Because I thought it would be you, and hoped that I could lock you out."

I thought all these questions were irritating Damian because his voice had a small edge to it.

"This young lady had been standing on the porch knocking for at least five minutes!"

"How would you know? Were you watching her?"

"No!"

I kept a straight face, not sure whether to smile or not while listening to the two of them... well I guess it could be called bickering. It made me wonder what kind of relationship the two had.