Chapter 6: AVARICE

No one can serve two masters for either he will hate the one and love the other

or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other.

Avarice―

I was no stranger to nightclubs for I had visited a few underground nightclubs in New York, Las Vegas, and California where I had stalked and studied some of my previous projects. I had perfected the template of luring my prey in places like these.

And tonight wasn't any different.

The place was dark with disco lights moving around the room. The walls were vibrating from the loud music blasting throughout the club. Everyone was dancing, getting drunk, and being physical with each other. Two floors were opened for the club goers to explore. Both floors had bars while the DJ's booth was on the stage at the ground floor. The crowd below the stage and on the other floors were dancing sexually, dry humping each other.

Get a fucking room.

Obviously, the place wasn't my scene, but it was Tyra's.

I glanced at my watch. It was time.

I climbed up the illuminated glass staircase and scanned the first floor, a glass of whiskey in my hand. I'd prefer wine, but I'd save a glass for later. Turning to my right, a corner of my mouth lifted—there she was.

It wasn't difficult to look for Tyra Andrews because the front slit, low neckline, and missing back of her black satin dress weren't easy to miss. She was young and beautiful and looked taller on her red high heels than some of the guys around her. She flipped her blond locks as she talked, obviously flirting with everyone, even with the bartender who was pouring her a drink.

She went back to dance with a guy who looked like a million bucks. The ring on his finger was an obvious indication that he was married, and his wife could be at home, alone and miserable, waiting for him to come home. But Tyra Andrews didn't give a damn.

After her intimate dance with Mr. Married Man, she left and walked over to the bar again to order another drink.

It was my cue to make my move.

"I'll have 'nother one," I ordered and purposely brushed my hand against Tyra's exposed leg. "Oops...sorry about that. I kind of lost my balance there."

She turned to me and gave a half-smile. She looked more beautiful up-close. "It's alright."

I flashed a wickedly flirtatious smile her way and paid the bartender for the glass of whisky, my eyes never leaving Tyra's medium brown ones.

She giggled. "Well, aren't you a desirable one?"

"Why, thank you." My lips twitched into a wry smile as I deliberately checked her out. I had played this part so many times before.

"I'm Tyra." She extended her hand to me.

I took her hand and shook it gently.

"Liam."

"Sounds...hot."

"Can I be honest with you, Tyra?"

"Of course."

"I've been watching you and I got a little high watching you dance back there."

Tyra bit her lower lip and tilted her head to her right. "Thank you, Liam. I'm glad you enjoyed watching me," she said, giggling.

I smiled and moved a little closer to her. Her tacky perfume and the smell of alcohol in her breath clung to the insides of my nose. "So...did you come here alone?" I had to ask first.