Hearing him chuckle, I felt his lips on my temple before hearing him move away from me to start banging away at the kitchen. Growling at him to shut the hell up, I glared at the page long solution I had scribbled down on the paper and did a shout of happiness when I finally got the exact answer.

Mother of the holiness, that problem sum took me almost an hour and two pages worth of blank paper to solve it. I’m going to strangle the mathematician who even dared to invent this algebra or just kick him hard in the groin would do the trick.

I had been doing daily four-hour revision for the final examinations that are arriving in less than four days. I’m going crazy thanks to the lack of sleep but I didn’t care really. I needed to be prepared for the finals and failing the important exams isn’t going to help me at all. I needed to graduate freaking high school.

Pushing the advanced maths textbook and draft papers from me, I pulled the pure geography notes towards me with a fresh pad of blank paper. From there, I spent the next three hours memorizing chapter after chapter of the stuff that I needed to know. With Mitchie seated in front of me, I made him go through everything with me.

He made a face when I rattled off every fact I had read through and I made him quiz me again and again just so that I felt that I was prepared for the final examinations. I have been doing this torturous thing called studying for a straight five weeks now, not getting enough sleep just for this.

After I had absorbed about five chapters in one go, I let out a pained sound at the back of my throat which sounded odd as I stretched my aching and tired body. Mitch just raised an eyebrow at me as he watches me study diligently. ‘I need my freaking sleep!’ I declared tiredly and yawned.

‘You should stop studying right now babe, how long have you been doing this anyway?’ he asked me.

‘Since four in the morning when I can’t sleep,’ I answered him hazily and dropped my head onto the table promptly, closing my eyes as I did so. Taking a deep breath, I let myself calm down. ‘Wake me up later Mitchie…’ And then I felt myself sinking into darkness, floating away into bliss.

The dull vibration of my phone caused me to jerk slightly awake, hearing the familiar song playing out noisily from the bedside table and I let out a groan as I told that thing to shut the hell up before turning to my side to bury my face into the warm pillow. The song stopped playing and it started again, the guitar chords blaring loudly.

‘Fuck,’ I cursed softly and reached blindly behind me to grab the damning phone. Without even opening my eyes, I pressed the phone onto my ears tightly as I accepted the call and let out another frustrated groan. ‘What the fuck you want?’

‘Ally! Where the fuck are you? I’ve been calling you for hours! We are doing a set today in a café and we need you here now!’ Seth’s raspy voice yelled through the speakers and into my ears shrilly. ‘Get your ass from bed and come here now!’ He rattled off the address to me before hanging up.

‘Son of a bitch,’ I growled and dropped the phone onto the bed as I stretched like a cat, arching my aching back. Without even pausing, I grabbed a new set of clothes before swiftly running towards the bathroom to freshen up. The boys are always telling me of events last minute and expecting me to come running.

It’s even difficult when I don’t even own a freaking car.

I really hate them sometimes.

Stuffing my legs down a pair of ripped jeans and tugging a pair of baggy dark purple sweater over, I ran a hand through my black hair messily before running out of the room to grab my shoulder bag. Making sure that my wallet, keys and phone were in it, I grabbed a thick denim jacket before running my way down the stairs.