Chapter Twenty Seven

Start from the beginning

Drostan looked over the driver’s seat, propping an elbow on his backrest, “you need to keep your dragon in check,”

"Sure," Scott shrugged, dusting his hands and pants as he rose to his feet. Luina and Morschell exchanged glances as they watched Scott stand on the wooden railing best served as their back rests. The watched the redhead look at the earth below his nose before raising his arms to the side and slowly let himself fall.

Luina let out a petrified scream as Morschell dove for Scott only to be held back by Galvus with a firm arm.

"Calm down," Drostan sighed, shaking his head. Before the innocent Dragooners could retaliate, they heard Scott whooping in delight as Whistle spiraled around Drostan's Dragon quite arrogantly. The big beast remained unfazed as he focused on their airborne course.

Luina clicked her tongue and shoved her arms to her front and crossed them, "what in the name of heavens was he thinking? "

Morschell slid limply to the ground, turning his pale face to them, "I thought we almost lost him,"

"What if we already did?" Drostan thought aloud. His brows knitted together, surprising himself more than it did the trio behind him.

"What do you mean?" Luina watched the back of Drostan's blonde head, failing to digest what their leader's mentor had said. It was impossible, for Scott was just with them familiarizing himself with more maneuvers and pushing his dragon for a top speed that had yet to be discovered.

Drostan sighed and shook his head, "after managing to pull off that faux stunt, what if the fame was slowly getting to his head? What more when everyone in the world went crazy over him. Do you think he would manage the attention and remember himself?"

"Hey guys," Scott said landing on the carriage smoothly on his feet with a firm thud. The strings of his tunic were undone leaving the median dip of his strong collarbone bare to them, "what's up?"

"Where's your whistle?" Luina immediately took note of this as she eyed the absence of his silver necklace that she gave him.

Scott grinned with an oozing appeal, it was the kind that frightened Luina for it elicited a flutter of beats from her heart, hurtling a growing blush to dust her cheeks, "don't worry about it,"

Luina furrowed her brows only to soften into a surprise when he did something that caught them all off guard. He summoned Whistle without an instrument on his lips but the mere breath he drew out between them. He whistled.

XXX

"For the last time," Scott groaned, "my dragon is not a wind dragon!"

After having spent the last few hours of what felt like a moment of infinity of asking questions, Scott could have sworn his headache tripled. He needed to relieve it and repetitive questions ask by some man with a ridiculously manly voice did not help it at all. His captor had asked him who his parents were, what his dragon's giveaway trait was, what food his dragon ate and a lot of questions regarding his dragon that it seemed like he ran out of questions and decided to go over them again and again.

"Let's do this one more time, Scott," the man said with a calm voice as if he had not heard anything the boy told him, "how were you able to discover a wind dragon without having idea what one is?"

Exhausted with all his might, Scott merely sighed and turned his head away. It was difficult explaining to someone who wouldn't believe him anyway.

"Scott, who are your parents?"

"I don't know," he answered flatly.

"How were you able to discover a wind dragon without having idea what one is?"