Chapter Nineteen

"Breakfast is ready," Galvus calmly announced as he poked his head through the flap of the tent.

At this point Scott was still sprawled across the floor of the tent with his blanket at his feet. His dragon, on the other hand, perfectly reflected his Dragoneer as it lay on his back on Scott's abdomen.

With a shrug Galvus pulled back and resumed dousing the fire after having transferred Scott's share and his dragon's in a separate bowl.

"Is he awake yet?" Drostan asked, walking up to Galvus.

He was half-awake but just wasn't ready to get up yet.

"Let me try and wake him, my lord," Morschell volunteered before stepping into the tent. It wasn't as grand like the ones back at the exam, but it was more than enough to fit six full grown adults lying down in columns of three.

"Rise and shine, my lord," Morschell crooned gently as he stood by the entrance of the tent, "we have a big day ahead of us!"

Scott snored exaggeratedly in response, startling his dragon. Whistle scrambled to his feet and whipped its head around to find the source. When Scott snored again it scrambled away from Scott, accidentally stepping on its left wing in the process. As a result the dragon rolled and collided with the wall of the tent, snapped the wooden pole standing in the middle and everything floated to the ground.

"Um," Morschell blinked, lifting the fabric above his head as he calmly made his way to the panicking dragon.

Whistle began wailing, flapping its wings as it frantically tried to free itself. Scott didn't move though, he just rolled to his side and sighed before resuming his sleep. 

By the time Morschell began helping Whistle untangle himself, he spoke, "my lord, wake up please,"

Scott didn't respond. Instead, he simply found himself drifting back to sleep had it not been the icy invasion that splashed on his face. Sputtering and coughing out, Scott scrambled his way out of the fallen tent only to crawl out damp and grouchy.

"Who the hell did that!" Scott roared looking over at everyone, he was half hoping it was Drostan.

"Good," Luina mused, tucking away her metal bowl into her pack, "you're awake,"

Scott's voice faltered and cleared his throat, "why would you do that?"

"Because we are running late," Drostan sighed before passing by the redhead and went straight to his Dragon.

At this point the bonfire was already gone, the tent was being rolled away and everyone else was set to go, leaving Scott shirtless with just his pants on. 

"All aboard everyone," Drostan hollered climbing over to the driver's seat.

"I freed Whistle from the tent, my lord," said Morschell.

"Oh thank you," Scott blinked in surprise when he found the short teen holding his now neatly folded clothes and pinching the collar of his boots with one hand, "your apparel, my lord,"

After Galvus has rolled the tent into a compact square, he wordlessly handed Scott his bowl of meat before walking over to Drostan and pass the folded tent.

Grabbing his boots from Morschell, he sloppily stepped into them and took his clothes from the teen, "thank you,"

"Your welcome, my lord," Morschell bowed humbly.

As the three, Scott, Morschell and Whistle, made their way to the dragon, Scott began wearing his clothes one by one. The first layer was his tunic that he managed to slip on before climbing aboard the dragon.