Chapter 12

EMILY'S POV

"Damon, I would do anything to make you feel happy."

"Well, I have a few things in mind," he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

"I-if it will make you happy," why was I saying this? I normally would've slapped him, or lectured him. Why- a voice in my head interrupted me. You will make him happy. Ok, I will make him happy. Anything for my Damon.

"No, Em, I was just kidding- you don't have too.." I slid my arms around his neck.

"Anything for you, I love you."

"Ok... I love you too."

Stefan walked in and pulled me aside.

"Hey, I think you're ready to go home and go back to school." He said.

"What? no. I don't think Damon would be happy."

"He'll be fine, besides don't you miss you're family?"

"Yes, but Damon is more important." I covered my mouth.

This comment earned a very upset/angry look from Stefan.

"Oh my god. I didn't mean to.. I love them, but.." I was so confused.

"It's alright, I know, you're ok. You'll be fine." He pulled me into a comforting hug.

"Let's get you home, kay? I packed your stuff, and put it in the car. "

"Wow, you really want me to leave, huh?"

"No not at all. But you should be with your family."

"Not if I'm going to murder them." I mumbled as I got into the car.

Once we were there Stefan got out and compelled my family again. He and Damon had basically been doing this to the whole town.

"Hey auntie," I said as Stefan drove off. I was drying so hard not to focus on her neck.

"Hey, you ok? You look kinda pale."

"If you only knew.." I laughed.

"What?"

I coughed. "Oh, I just think I have a cold."

"Ok then, just don't get me sick, I have a date to night."

"Oooh, who's the lucky guy?"

"For me to know, and you to spy on me and find out."

"He just better have you back by 11:30, or else.." Jeremy cut in.

"Cross my heart and hope to die." Jenna promised.

________________________________________________

ELENA'S POV

Lately it's been hard for me to remember things.

It's like my mind is a shattered abyss, that could be healed only by memory.

Apparently Emily is back.

I missed her I guess. It was still fun not having her at school. I was the one everyone wanted to talk to.

Not her.

But like I said, my mind is fuzzy and there are things that I am forgetting.

I know Stefan likes Emily, I saw them, kissing. At the Grille. She seemed a little off. Slightly more playful and dangerous.

I walk out into the living room were Emily is. I shake on a very fake smile.

"Sissy!!!" I holler.

She runs at me, pulling me into a hug. Her essence is different. She is stronger, and when I get a good look at her face, she seems prettier, (if that was even possible), but her dark spots are gone, along with some other blemishes.

"You look great! Whatever the Salvatores have you on, it's working!" I complimented.

"Thanks!" She replied.

She was creeping me out, the way she kept staring at my neck.

"You look hungry, want some toast?" Jenna offered.

For a moment she had a look of disgust, then she shook it away and took the bread.

"Thanks," she mumbled.

Wow, someone doesn't like toast...

I pulled her into the other room.

"What was that?!" I whisper yelled.

-----------------------------------------------------

EMILY'S POV

"You look hungry, want some toast?" Jenna offered

For a second I gave Jenna a disgusted look, then I shook the feeling away and took the bread.

"Thanks," I mumbled.

I really don't want to eat this floppy wheat...

Elena suddenly yanked me into the other room.

"What was that?!" She quietly screamed.

"What?!" I replied with an equal tone. Geez, she was being so cross lately.

"That look with the toast. It was rude!" She screeched. Mmm, I was so hungry. I snapped my head at her neck. I took a step towards her.

"Em, d-don't hurt me, I'm sor-"

"Shh, it's ok I forgive you, stay still." I compelled her, with my new vampy tricks.

She did as told. I bit in fast, an attempt not to make it painful. I was trying to stop, but it was just so delicious . I was so close to killing her, until someone broke through the window and pulled her off me.

"Emily. No." Stefan scolded.

I had just tried to kill my sister.

He compelled her and fed her blood to heal her.

I crumpled down into a ball and cried.

"Why am I doing this to myself?"

"For Damon," he growled.

He yanked me back into my feet angrily.

"Stefan, I-I couldn't do that to your brother, or Elena."

"Elena? We broke up. Like a week ago, she said she was already hanging out with this Tyler guy." he shrugged.

I just realized how close we were standing. I took a step back.

"Don't do that." He mumbled. He took a two steps forwards me. Are noses were literally touching. Everything around me was telling me to lean in and kiss him, but my brain was urging me to say something, and that Damon wouldn't like this. I ended up doing both.

"Stop," I said as I captured his lips with mine. He kissed back, the first second. And sparks flew, I wanted to cry because of all the emotions in my mind. Then Damon crossed in my thoughts. I yanked my head back and ran at full speed.