Chapter 6.

EMILY'S POV

That night I went to sleep excited for the next day, I had a date with Damon. "BEE-" my alarm didn't even make it to it's first ring before I hopped right out of bed. I pulled on a tight black crop top that said 'smile' in white lettering. I pulled out a really cute pair of silver sparkly shorts and wore a teal necklace and matching vans. I fishtail braided my long brown hair to the side.

I grabbed some yogurt and went over to Damon's house not bothering to call. I knocked on the door. "Oh, hey Elena, come in," Stefan answered. "Emily,"

"Oh, sorry just tired I guess." He mumbled.

"That's ok," I giggled, I'm not really sure why though.

"You look really great, going somewhere?" He smile and I blushed from the compliment.

"A date with Damon," his smile slightly faded, but recovered quickly.

"Oh,cool" he shrugged.

"Why, hello gorgeous," Damon said extending down from the door.

"Hi, I was just wondering if you wanted a ride?" I said and He wiggled his eyebrows.

"A car ride." I quickly reworded.

"What Damon means is we'd love that," Stefan blurted.

"Ok cool, do you want breakfa- oh yeah..." I trailed off.

"I'm guessing she knows?" Stefan said and Damon nodded.

An awkward silence fell over us.

"Well then, let's go." I said, breaking it.

And with that, we hopped into the car and drive off.

---------------------------------------

Throughout the car ride Stefan was looking at me funny. I didn't like it.

At school the whole day seemed to fly by, probably due to Damon and I's date.

Afterwards, Carrie came over to help me get ready. Damon told me to where a dress, I guess it was fancy..

I wore a shiny, silver sequin dress. It had a small bow on the upper stomach. The bottom half was black, unlike the sparkly top. I wore hot pink heels and curled my hair. Then I put on basic makeup, along with a small amount of pink tinted eyeshadow.

Then I drove to Damon's, where he said he would pick me up. "Wow, you clean up nice," he chuckled.

"I can't say the same for you," I smiled back.

Then we got in the car and left.

"Wow, this is pretty fancy, I'm not even sure which fork to use.."

"That one," he smiled as he pointed towards the smaller one, brushing over my hand.

"Oh," was all I could manage.

People were waltzing in the backroom.

"Emily, may I please have this dance?" He said politely.

"Of course, Mr. Salvatore." I said matching his tone.

------------------------------------------

DAMON'S POV

Emily, may I please have this dance?" I said as politely as I could, biting back my smirk.

"Of course, Mr. Salvatore." She said matching my almost sarcastic tone.

As we got up to waltz, My heart started to race. Emily made me feel human again.

She looked so beautiful, breathtaking.

After the dance she excused her self to the bathroom.

------------------------------------------

EMILY'S POV

After we danced I excused myself to the bathroom.

When I walked in I found a peculiar sight. Myself. But I wasn't looking in a mirror. Then my reflection moved out of synch with my movements and I realized it was a different person.

"Elena, why are you dressed like me? Why are you here?" I questioned.

"Oh sweetheart," she gave me a sad smile, "I'm not Elena," I gave her a confused look, she then sped at me with an inhuman speed.

"I'm Katerina Petrova" she gave me an evil smile, all remembered after that was darkness.

-----------------------------------------

DAMON'S POV

She came back out.

"Hey, Em. Get lost in there?" I teased.

"Well, I'm back right?" She replied.

She was different, slightly off.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yes, of course, let's dance now, shall we?" She said hastily.

"We already did, like 5 minutes, ago" I gave her an unsure look.

"We did?, oh yes, um, silly me!" She stuttered.

Something was definitely wrong.

"Katherine,"

"Oh gasp, The bitch is back," she spat.

I rolled my eyes, "Where's Emily?"

"Safe- for now." She smiled. I dug my nails into her skin. She gave me sad eyes.

"Oh now, a true gentleman would never hurt a lady, would he?"

"No, so I guess too bad you aren't a lady," I ripped out my nails.

Her face had a look of pain for a second, then she healed.

"Goodbye." I left to go home and search for Emily.