chapter forty-five

Start from the beginning

"you guys are so cute." his mom says.

"i'm sorry you couldn't meet my sister though." he says while starting to clean up.

"hopefully next time, she'll probably like you a lot." his mom says.

next time?

"when is she coming back?" awsten asks her.

"tomorrow, you'll just miss her." she says.

I finish my meal and clean up as well.

awsten was no longer in the room, his mom starts speaking quietly to me, "it really was wonderful meeting you maisie. you and awsten are really good together in my eyes. I haven't seen him like this before with any girls in the past."

"he is the sweetest thing, he definitely takes after both of you." I say referring to her and her husband.

"i'm glad, we raised him so that he could have his own family one day and be just as happy then and do the job right at the same time." she says.

this time I give her a hug, "you're so sweet honey," she says to me before starting to clean her home.

I go back to his room but when I open the door he's in the middle of changing.

"woah, okay." I mutter out and put my hand over my face before closing the door and going back out.

we were not at that point yet.

"maisie." he shouts a few seconds later.

"are you decent?" I ask while opening the door, looking away in the process.

"yes," he says laughing, he had changed into swimming trunks.

I had managed to tan a little bit, but it was a little hard with a ton of sunscreen slapped all over me after the first day.

which I only burnt a little from.

he was pretty pale.

"i'm going out back to swim, you can come and just sit by the pool if you want." he says.

he comes closer to me and pulls the door shut behind me.

"I know you don't like water, you could tan or something? if it weren't for that one night of you almost drowning I probably would pull you into the pool when you were caught off guard. but since I know, I won't." he says.

"I don't know." I say.

I did have my swimsuit, I only had one because I didn't have much of a need for one, let alone many. I was not a fan of water and I was not a fan of wearing a swimsuit.

"please? plus you can get tan for prom without having to get a fake tan." he says.

"hey!" I shout.

"i'm kidding, i'm kidding, kind of." he says while bursting out into laughter.

"that is a good point." I say and bring my fingers up to my chin as if I were in deep thought.