chapter thirty-four

"you got to get up."

awsten starts nudging me awake.

"why?" I groan and draw it out.

"we have a meeting in two hours and you still need to get you car before then." he says.

we had fallen asleep on the chair thing and neither of us bothered moving.

I groan again.

"good thing you're tiny." he says.

"what?" I say and then he starts to get up while holding me.

"well, that's one way to get me up I guess." I say smirking and he carries me downstairs and into the kitchen.

"that's your phone in there, your purse is hanging up in the dining room but it's kind of ruined, sorry maisie." he says.

"it's not your fault, I'm just a clutz." I say.

"let's hope I don't have to do that again though." he says as he starts rummaging around looking for something to eat.

I pick up my phone and try and power it on. it being in my bag must've added a little protection because it turns on just fine.

"thank the heavens!" I shout as my phone is trying to turn in.

"thank ya, awsten." I say and I walk over to him and give him a quick peck.

"do you want to change back into your clothes? they're not washed but they're dried?" he asks me.

I look down at my current outfit, "probably should."

"they're sitting down stairs somewhere, you should see them." he says.

I go into the basement and I see them hanging off of a couch, I grab them and go into the basement bathroom to change.

when I come back out geoff is standing there.

"so he knows now?" he asks.

"yeah, he didn't take it well but he was a sweetie the entire time." I tell him.

"I'm just glad you're okay maisie, I'm sorry about all of that too." he says.

"it's not your issue, it's okay, we're pretty good for now, I mean obviously we can't erase or even forget about what happened but we talked a little bit about it." I tell him.

"you two are together still then?" he asks.

"yes," I say smiling.

"I'm glad, I know awsten is happy too." he says.

•••

we had to leave quickly so that he wouldn't miss his thing.

"congrats on all of that by the way, I can't wait to hear it!" I say excitedly.

"yeah, we'll see where it gets us." he says pulling up next to my car.

I reach over and give him a hug goodbye. he waits until I pull out in my own car before leaving himself.

this was going to be rough.

I didn't even know what my reasoning or excuse was going to be.

let alone what I would actually say.

I drive silently and brace myself when I pull back into my own home.

"maisie luna williams what were you thinking?" my dad shouts as soon as I walk in.