chapter twenty

"I don't have much with me, just my purse and I can't even remember where I put it now that I mention it." I say.

"I get it if you don't want to stay, I could take you home right now if you wanted, but you can stay if you want to. your purse is in my car still by the way." he says to me taking me into a hug.

he then continues talking into my ear, "you don't have to worry maisie, I know my boundaries, I know you're not ready to date, but I'm having such a great time and I know you are too."

the tone he used could've convinced me to probably do anything, if I'm being honest.

"I would love to stay." I muffle into his shirt.

I look up to see his face light up, "we should probably go clean up, but then we could do something else, with or without the guys." he says and we head back into the kitchen.

we get back there and I start cleaning off the counters by putting the dishes into the sink and wiping everything up.

"maisie, come here, I want to make sure you should get some." I hear awsten shout.

"I don't really care that much." I say as I walk over and stand by him.

"I had to fight for them to give me the blue frosting that I picked out, you are trying the fucking cookies." he says.

he is so sassy.

"he only wanted it because it matches his hair." otto shouts.

geoff is looking at me awkwardly, and he has been since me and awsten came back down. I hope no one else noticed because the last thing I wanted to do was cause issues in the band.

I mouth to him, it's okay, and he just nods and grabs another cupcake.

awsten puts one of his cookies by my face and I take a bite of it.

"they taste great, you did a wonderful job." I say and ruffle his hair.

"it was you're idea and you did most of the work but I'll gladly take the credit." he says jokingly.

I smile and go back to what I was doing, it must've been the female inside of me causing me to clean everything frantically.

I grew up with an ocd mother my entire life, and although I was not, I had picked up on all of her habits.

by the time I was done they had also cleaned up the table and put the few cupcakes and few cookies left into containers.

I catch them all mouthing things or quietly talking to each other, but when otto sees me looking he looks from awsten to me, they were trying to be sneaky about something.

as if on cue geoff and otto get up and and walk out and awsten gets up and comes to me.

"I was just trying to tell them that you were staying over without being all weird about it." he explains.

"oh okay, makes sense I guess." I say.

"you should know that we're usually all up pretty late, but you can go to sleep whenever you want. hopefully you're not quite tired yet though." he says.

"don't worry, I'm not, what do you want to do now?" I ask him.

"not sure but I'm going to go change, you can just sit in the living room or wherever you want, you need anything?" he asks.

"hm, maybe I'll just go to your room with you." I say curiously but I wasn't being serious.

"hey, you're the one who's not ready for a boyfriend right now, not me, otherwise we'd both probably already be in there right now." he says and I look at him strangely and slightly pissed.