chapter thirty-one

next friday I go back to the record store, I had spent all week listening to the albums I had gotten and I wanted to get another one from the same band.

sure I could've gone to any other store but I wanted to get it from here.

it was fairly late when I left but this was the only place I planned on going to. it makes me kind of mad when I can't park right in front of the store though and have to park pretty far away.

there was some sort of event going on at a restaurant close to here so parking was limited unless you wanted to spend a lot more in a lot somewhere even farther.

I finally park my car and I have to walk a few minutes before I'm at my current save haven.

it's empty except for the owner when I walk in so I shout out, "hey."

"hey maisie, how's it going?" he asks me and I walk towards him.

"not bad, doing better." I tell him.

"that's great." he says to me, "do you want to hear about...." he doesn't say his name but I nod yes and wonder what he has to say this time.

"he came here, only a few minutes after you left actually. this time with his band, they didn't want anything, they were just asking about you." he tells me.

"how do they know I'm coming here again?" I ask him, now confused.

he smiles, "a little birdy may talk to him much like the way he talks to you." he says.

"birdy," I say. he hasn't ever given me a name to call him by, "that's your new nickname." I tell him.

he chuckles, "but please continue." I tell him.

"I told him you were doing fine, when I asked why he won't just talk to you he said that you wouldn't want him to." he tells me.

"really?" I asked kind of surprised.

"he did, he asks when you were last here and then I told him that he just missed you. it was really right away. he does actually miss you though." he tells me.

"I don't even know how I'd react if he tried talking to me." I said honestly.

it had now been over a month since he's asked me to be his girlfriend.

"you'll know what you need to do when the time comes." he tells me.

"thanks birdy." I say trying out the nickname, it definitely works.

I look around a little bit just to see if anything else catches my eye. nothing does.

in the small all time low section I pick out nothing personal.

"great choice." he tells me when I come back up.

"I really liked the other ones so I figured I needed to check out even more of their music." I tell him.

"take care now maisie, see you soon." he said smiling and waving me off.

the first thing I see is another car trying to find a spot, I chuckle a little and start walking back to my own car.

it took a little longer to get to it than from because I had forgotten the exact location of it.

"maisie?" I hear from behind me.

I turn around and look, wondering who it was.

"it is you." I hear next.

"hello?" I say.

I was only a few cars away from my own and then a car pulled up by the sidewalk right next to me.

in a no parking zone.

awsten.

"maisie..." he goes.

"awsten." I say without any emotion.

"I-." he barely gets to even start.

"just save it awsten. what could you possibly say to me that won't hurt me right now?" I ask him.

"you're still wearing the bracelets, both of them, and one that looks like the one you gave me." he observes.

"obviously." I say.

I wave my hands into the air forgetting that I had a cd.

it drops and I heart a shatter.

"shit," I mutter and pick it up, the cd cracked into a ton of pieces.

"whatever, awsten I gotta go." I say and start to walk off back into the direction I came from.

he tries calling for me but I ignore him and he pulls away once he realized that.

I walk back into the store and don't make contact with birdy.

the cracked cd was now shoved into my purse and so I was looking for the same album again.

looking around I finally find the section, but all of their cds were mixed up.

I realized I had thoughtlessly done that and try to put them all back in their spots.

the task is finished and I reach for the cd when I feel a hand on me.

"get off of me." I hiss.

when I look back I see its awsten but I don't take back my words, rather I wait for him to move his hand.

"what do you want from me? haven't you already took enough?" I ask him.

seeing him once was going to mess me up, but now he's in here with me.

"maisie, I don't now what to say but I need to say something at least." he says.

"do you really?" I ask him now shouting.

"yes, you really shouldn't have done that in front of your mom, but I could've dealt with that. we could've dealt with the whole geoff issue." he says.

"we could've but you didn't want to." I say back, you couldn't tell I was about to cry from my face but my voice gave it away, "there was never even an issue with geoff!" I shout the last part.

"neither of you would tell me what was going on between you two, what am I supposed to do, sit back and watch it?" he asks.

"I don't know, maybe understand." I say.

"understand what?" he asks.

"that it was an accident, geoff wasn't supposed to see, or know anything." I say, my voice getting worse.

"what wasn't he supposed to see maisie?" he asks also shouting.

"you really want to know so badly don't you?" I shout.

I reach towards my sleeve but I feel extremely light headed.

going back a few steps I try to balance my self onto some shelves but it doesn't work.

I start to see black and I fall to the floor but I didn't completely black out.

"maisie!" he shouts and drops down next to me.

I pulled myself away and try to regain some balance.

"maisie, please." he says reaching over and grabbing my arm.

I try and swat him off but he pulls up my sleeve.

the side with the bracelets on them.

"oh my god." he mumbles and I start crying and pick myself up.

"see, happy now?" I ask.

I'm still not stable but I can't stay here any longer.

I turn around and learn that it wasn't only awsten and I in the store.