One Apple is ull amhain

Start from the beginning

It was only when I had finished my pancakes and was drinking some water that Jack cleared his throat.

"I found my mate." He said in the midst of me drinking my water. I choked on my water while weird squealing noises escaped my throat at the news. Adrian and Xavier cursed under their breath and quietly admonished me while rubbing my back as I almost choked myself to death.

"That's great! Where is she?" My voice croaked out as I coughed some more. I laughed at Adrian's glare at Jack. Jack sighed and leaned back in his chair, his hands folded on his stomach and kept his gaze straight on mine. 

"I don't know. That's why I came here. I think she works for your mates,I could smell her with them but at the time I wasn't sure. Now I'm sure and I want to find her."

I nodded my head. "Well, how come you haven't found her yet?" I turned t my mates' "Don't you have records of all of your employees down to the last detail? And you most likely only brought the closest and most skilled ones with you to get me."

"They're out on missions except for one but it isn't him, we already checked." Adrian murmured, he ran his knuckles gently across my cheek and tucked my hair behind my hair. I leaned into his touch, sucking up all of the sparkling warmth the sparks brought into me. 

"Okay well when do they get back?" I asked in a cozy daze. 

"Tomorrow at 3.15 p.m." Adrian answered immediately. Xavier lifted my glass of water up to my lips. There was no conversation as I drank the water.I never drank enough water which they were alerted to after one of my regular doctor checks and he told them to make sure I had eight glasses a day. They weren't too impressed when they heard I was only having one and a half most days. 

Bloody doctor got me into so much trouble that day.

"So you're going to be staying with us and joining us when they return?" I asked him when I finally finished my water and Xavier could stop pushing it at me. 

"That's the plan" He replied at the same time as Adrian and Xavier informed me that I would not be there when they met up with the employees.

"Um, yes I will." I glared at them when they had that look on their faces. That stupid look that meant they had their mind set and weren't going to budge on it. I had seen that look many times and today was one of the days where I would conquer that look and defeat them at their own game.

"No, Wendy, you're not. You could get hurt if you did come. Men who return-"

"And women."

 "-from them kind of missions aren't always in the best state of mind and might act out." Adrian said sternly as if I hadn't spoken.

"Well, I deal with you two everyday so I think I can handle them men for a few hours, don't you?" They relaised I wasn't going to back down either and growled queitly. I won this battle.

"I can't wait to meet her." I told Jack honestly, after smugly smiling at my mates.

"Well, she better be excited to me. I didn't go into solitude for years only for her to reject me."He ran his hands though his highlighted hair and sighed.

I nodded sympathetically, really hoping that it ended well for him. My sympathy disappeared with his next words.

 "She also better be good looking. I don't want an ugly mate."

My jaw dropped in shock.

"Kiddin', Wends, just kidding." He winked at me and I rolled my eyes.

"That wasn't funny at all,you know." I grumbled and snuggled into my mates arms. Xavier smugly wrapped his arms around me. They honestly thought they had to prove something in front of jack which was cute, but extremely irritating. They really needed to pull their shit together half the time.