Paintings On The Wall

Unedited.

I stood still with my heart pounding in my chest. The people around me moved away, as if they were afraid of what would happen to him if they stood near me.

They walked towards me, their presence strong and powerful. I gulped and took a step back. I could have hit myself for that.

That never goes down well. When mates find each other and one of them steps back, the other usually loses their shit. I took a step forward, silently showing them that I was sorry. I looked down, I was too afraid to look at them.

Their scents wrapped around me and I inhaled. God, they smelled good. One of them growled and I froze. I kept my eyes glued on the floor, their shoes stopping right in front of me. A loud horn interrupted the deathly silence and I could hear Emily swear followed by a growl of warning from her mate.

My chin was tipped up by a strong hand, their fingers holding onto my chin. I looked into dark brown eyes that could be considered black, the colour of coffee.

He searched my eyes, a smile eventually making its way onto his face.

"Hello mate. We have finally found you." At the mention of we, I turned my eyes onto the other one. He was watching me, carefully calculating my body language. I felt exposed under both of their eyes, embarrassment creeping up on me when I remembered everybody around us.

He let go of my chin and instead stood next to me, pulling me to his side. My eyes looked around. Nobody was looking at us, they were trying very hard not to look.

Emily and Luke stood at the back doors, ready to shift.

I gulped as my other mate, stood on the other side of me,. They dwarfed me, my head below their shoulder even in heels. I was going to have to invest in pairs of heels.

If I thought Jaxon was tall then these were giants.

Emily turned her back to her mate as he unbuttoned her dress, careful to not damage it. She mist have already told him to be careful with it. The dress pooled at her feet, leaving her only in her heels and underwear. She flushed and her mate stood in front of her, blocking the guests from seeing her.

He stripped from his clothing, discarding them to the side as he stood naked in front of us. I looked away from him, I did not want to know what my best friends mates ass looked like, thank you very much.

There was some movement from Emily and her underwear was dropped to the side. We remained silent, waiting for what was going to come next.

The horn sounded for the last time and suddenly they were shifting.

Seeing a person shift from wolf to human was both mesmerising and very, very gross. You could see their bones shifting, popping in and out of place, see their shape morph into something else. Hear the sound of skin ripping and tearing without seeing or smelling blood. That was the gross part.

But during shifting, you seemed to glow. It is hard to explain really, because it is not as if the glow is coming from inside of them but more like a blanket. You can see through it onto them and you can see the shift occur and then you can see the glow. I used to think it was a figment of my imagination until Emily commented on it once and I realised it wasn't.

The glow dimmed and the two wolves stood together. The larger wolf had brown hair, with black and blonde streaks through his fur. He stood proudly beside his mate as he looked at his pack. He moved to the side, letting his mate  slip into view.

Her wolf was significantly smaller than his, she has always had a much smaller wolf than most but she makes up for it with her speed. She had red fur to match her red hair, her eyes a brighter green than normal while her mates eyes were shining.