Chapter {8}: The Masquarde Ball III

Currently Ranked: #89 in The Mafia Queen as of 4/27/17
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"I can't describe him with words, I'm too shocked to do it. I just can't do any thing anything else but look at him like a fool"
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
( Picture: Jay King
Actor: Colton Haynes)
( Song: Give me love by: Ed Sheeran: Play the song when I tell you!)
Chapter {8} The Masquerade Ball III
Enjoy!
Please VOTE and comment😊
Dedicated to Luka_Grace_24 for being an amazing fan!! This one is for you❤️
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
If you you like to send any cover art for this story I will be holding a contest! Please submit using my email: Thebookworm623@gmail.com
And yes it's thebookworm23 I had a typo when creating the email!
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Lauren's P.O.V
At the ball... with Jay

I stared into deep hazel brown eyes, the ones evaluating me. My breath held, my eyes spooked wide, the limbs in my body became slack. He is here, right in front of me.

The room is dead silent, Eliza peering between the both of us, waiting for our first words. I honestly didn't have any words, my brain isn't comprehending the male figure standing before me. His blue eyes were evaluating me, crinkling at the corners. They weren't memorizing as the way books claim they are, the magical moment you feel when you meet the guy. They were just blue eyes, eyes with secrets and pain, eyes of loss.

I closed my slightly parted mouth, and have the urge to look behind me and find Kieth. I want to shout across the room and flip him off for not giving me a heads up, but I can't. Not ladylike, Carter would tsk. So I take a deep breath, stop my fidgeting fingers that I had entwined, and clear mt throat.

"Hello, Jay" His name rolls weirdly off my tongue like a foreign language. My voice is shaky, a faint whisper, the guests tipping over there seats to hear every word.

Jays eyes lighten, a faint smile forming on his heart shaped lips. "Hello, Lauren."

Eliza squeals, her hands clapping at the pace of her feet. " Oh how fun! You to are going to love each other!" She exclaims. I blush at the mention of her predicting my love life.

I'm only blushing because of the embarrassment of meeting a complete stranger. A hot one, I mentally add.

Jay scratches his neck, not sure what to say."Okay, maybe that was a little too soon. Um-I, how about a dance? Ah-yes a dance! I'll signal the music" and before I can protest Eliza signals the orchestra, gives me a thumbs up and makes her say off the platform with her team.

Where were they going?
( A/N*Play music now*)

The sound of Jay clearing his throat snaps my attention back towards him. He straightens his posture, as if he needed to be any taller, and offers his hand. "It would be rude to decline the first dance by her majesty."

I look for a flimsy excuse to try and excuse myself from the awkward predicament about to be presented. But find none. My hand trembles as I place it on his outstretched one. It's firm and slightly sweaty. I also resist the urge to wipe my hand on my dress like we did when we were little, and boys had cooties.