Chapter 34

Jacks pov

It's been 3 days since I took Rose down to the beach. And the last 2 days I've continued to occupy her time. But now she cannot move or get up. Yesterday the twins were expected to arrive. And Rose is now incredibly tired that she stays in her room all day. Her fingers and ankles are incredibly swollen. And her body hurts all over. She is unable to move out of bed.

Roses Pov

I haven't moved from my bed in days. My heavily pregnant body aches all over. I must admit it has been alright getting food served to you in bed. But I feel so helpless. And I'm missing out on all the gossip down stairs. I'm starting to get really bored. I need to get down stairs somehow. I then feel a pinch.

Jacks Pov

"Rose how about I help you get up and get down stairs huh?", I could tell these last few days she had gotten bored and quiet. She wasn't the loud out going Rose that I fell in love with and got married. She wouldn't give up this easily on trying to get down a set of stairs. She would be thinking of a plan.

I then saw her nod and slowly helped her up. She is quite heavy. No wonder why her body is so swollen. These babies are now just buying their time. I then helped her down the stairs to the lounge room where Mary and Joseph are. They were polite and gave her the nice comfy couch while the rest of us sat elsewhere.

Roses Pov

"Rose do you want to play a game of chess?", Mary asked me.

"Sure", I agreed, "I haven't played in quite a while though", Mary picked up the small table and chair and sat across from me. I then felt a jab and a pinch.

"Oo", I put my hands where it felt like the dagger had hit.

"Is everything alright Rose? You're not in labour are you?", she said placing the chess board down.

"No no no. I'm fine", I responded with rubbing myself in the affected area. She then set out the set pieces and as I leaned over I felt it again. I just ignored it and moved on, and started to play.

*7 minuets later*

Our chess game was still going. And one of the babies moved into an uncomfortable positioned on my spinal cord making it pinch and kick me. Jack was busy sketching on the couch, while Joseph was reading the paper.

"Check mate. I win" putting on my winners smile as Mary sat their looking at the board seeing how she lost. We then both stood up and started to pack away the game.

"And you said you haven't played in years", I lent over grabbing the remaining pieces and I felt the same thing again.

"Rose are you ok?", Mary asked more loudly. I then hear Jacks leather art book snap shut and Joseph pages rustle. With them both rushing over to me.

"Rose are you ok honey? Is it the babies? Do you think their com-", Jack began to panic.

"I'm just tired and want to go to bed", I told him, Jack nodded lightly.

"Well ok then", Jack took my arm, "night Mary and Joseph", we said our goodbyes.

"Night Jack, Rose", they said as we left the room.

****

"There you go", he said putting me down on the bed, while I sat up on the edge waiting for him to do my pillows to make me comfortable. "Lay down", I then slowly moved back to the pillows while Jack did the blankets for me. He then gave me a kiss. I truly am his princess.

"Please stay with me", I begged him. Still reaching out grabbing one of his hands.

"Alright then", he kissed me and started to strip off in front of me. He then lunged gently to the other side of the bed while I was trying to get to sleep. Jack then nuzzled close to me and we fell asleep.