Chapter 3

Rose Pov

The doctor and the nurse then started to move towards the door. I then turned around and walked slowly back the other way hoping that they would not look into my room. They walked passed me without a word and walked fast as if it was a race. Once they went around the corner I then turned back the other way and went running back to Jack. I ran back and opened the door and immediately slammed it and locked it shut. So that we had no interruptions. It was finally just me and Jack. Together again.

I then grabbed Jacks hand and sat beside him. I kissed his hand hoping that he would wake up and to let him know that I was here. His hand was warm but sweaty. The ice was melting off his body. It gave you the bitter taste of the North Atlantic. The ice gave you a little pinch of the cold on the tongue and your mouth filled with salt. I then saw a tea towel resting on his forehead, it was warm. I then wiped his face and hands down with it, and then folding it up neatly and placing back where it was. The room was very very warm with all the heaters on and near and around Jack. To try and wake him up from his hyperfermia. And I must say it was breaking the rest of my fever too. I then kissed his hand again and heard a faint whisper.

"Rose", Jack said quite softly and calmly.

"Yes yes I'm here Jack I'm here", I said leaning closer to his face and stroking it.

"Rose", he said again trying to sit up and open his eyes.

"No no no no don't move ok. I'm here Jack. I'm here", I said as I stroked his right side of his face before I kissed him. Then his blue watery, beautiful clear, gem stone eyes open. He then blinked a few times to unblur his vision so that he could see clearly. His blue eyes lightened up the room and my mood. When he looked at me with smile on his face it melted my heart. I held his hand tight in my grasp not letting go until the doctor walked in.

I didn't even know that he was there. I was so caught up in Jacks eyes and him waking up that I didn't even hear his footsteps coming back. He barged his way on in here. As I quickly turned around he was at the door with the nurse.

"Rose what are you doing here and out of your bed?", he asked me. I then suddenly jolted up by the sound of his voice.

"Ummm...doctor, nurse may I introduce Jack Dawson. The love of my life", I said stepping aside so they could get a clear good look at him.

"Well ...I'm glad you have woken up Jack. And to be honest we didn't even know you were going to make it or not", the doctor said while leaning down to check his heart and then looking into his eyes. "Well everything seems fine Jack, which is good. Now Miss Rose I must examine you, privately if you please"

"No", I responded, "I want to remain here beside Jack. I will not leave him again. So if you must examine me. You will do it in front of him", Jack just looked at me very confused about what's going on.

"Ok then. If we must. Umm lie down on the floor for me then Rose", "And Delilah do bring some cushions", he yelled out for the nurse. I then pulled up my dress for the doctor to listen to the twins heart beats. Jack just looked and stared at me. He didn't know what was going on until the doctor put the horn thing on my stomach and listened. He did it for the other side as well. "Well Rose all seems well", the doctor replied with a smile with Jack still in shock and recovering for his hyperaemia."I guess my work here is done then. I guess I will leave you two to have alone time together then. I will be back in the morning for my rounds but until then try and stay warm.", the doctor and nurse then exited the room leaving only me and Jack. The room was silent after they left. We didn't know what to say to one another. Jack just stared at my stomach the whole time not even taking a glimpse at me. His eyes were heavily fixed on his children that I was carrying.

"So now you know", I piped up and said breaking the awkward silence. Jack just swallowed.

"Know what?", he asked all nervous.

"About the twins", I answered with his eyes now moving up my body to look at my face.

"Twins?", I nodded and swallowed hard thinking about if Cal and my mother found Jack and I. Then discovering that I am pregnant with his children. It made me feel scared and uncertain about what would happen to all of us. I then started crying thinking about what could happen after that.

"Hey hey hey don't cry Rose. I'm here I'm here. You're safe now Rose, you're safe. Ssssshhhhhhh", Jack said as I cuddled in his arms for him to comfort me while he stroked my hair. "Ssshhhhhhh it's ok. We'll  be alright Rose", I then pulled up my head off his chest. He then brushed all of my hair out of my face and behind my ears. "Remember Rose, you jump I jump right?"

"Right", I replied with whipping my tears away and then going to into Jacks arms again. "Oh Jack!", I cried, "What are we going to do?", I asked him. He just continued to hold me and stroke my hair.

"Everything I promised you", he whispered calmly reassuring me while stroking my hair and then kissing me on my cheek. "You know what I said Rose. And I'm going to keep that promise no matter what happens now. I am going to teach you to ride like a man up and down that beach no matter how long it takes for you do it. And  we are going to ride on a roller coaster and go to the pier.", I just giggled listening to him. "Rose...I'm happy. I'm not sad or angry at you, because I love you. And I love our children.", he said calmly and softly he then placed his hand apon my stomach," Like I said Rose, I figure lifes a gift and I don't intend on wasting it. Ok?","We are going to get through this no matter what happens from this moment forward. Rose I love you, and I never want to let go of you again EVER! in my life. Remember you jump I jump", I just nodded and giggled before kissing him again before going into his arms once again with my head on his chest listening to the sound of his chest rising up and down, and his perfect heartbeat. I then fall asleep and so did Jack.