Chapter 28

Roses pov

A week after our inspection and offer on the place we finally got news about it. WE GOT IT!!!

I immediately threw my arms around Jacks neck and kissed him. I am so happy. We are so happy.

"And Jack we can move in right away", it was a dream come true. I never thought I would ever buy a house, not even with my husband. Society clearly says that a women must live under the mans roof and command. And he must provide for her with his steady working or high paid job. And that she must obey his parents and their laws, rules, and religion since they are the boss. And the ones who have higher authority more than him. But thank god me and Jack have none of that. We are free to be who we want to be without anyone pulling us back. It was just us two 'blowing in the wind'. And I love every moment of it.

We told everybody our news. And they were all so excited for us that I couldn't tell who was more excited. Me and Jack or them.  Mary and Joseph even decided to celebrate by throwing us a 'congratulations party' inviting all of our friends (and some of theirs). It was a night that once again I would never forgot.

It was peaceful, calm, pretty, and beautiful with the lanterns in the backyard looking like little stars from space that reflected one another. Their was a cool breeze which was a breath of fresh air when it swept through party. It was a beautiful perfect night.

****

I sat their sipping my water looking up at the stars. With only the piano playing and sounds of fading laughter coming outside to draw me in. As tempting as it seemed I remained glued to the 'City Of Stars' which stretched miles and miles around the world. Giving us all a glimpse of hope and light in darkness.

The first time I really truly looked up at the stars was on Titanic. After me and Jack danced at the steerage party and he walked me home. That was the moment that I realised I wanted freedom. I wanted fun. I wanted Jack. And I've got all those things now.

It was at that moment I also saw the true beauty and essence of the sky. And how vast and endless it truly was. And how that was a sign that me and Jack were meant to be together. And that he was the one. And either though we may be dust in Gods eye,  it shows you that something small and broken can give such a bright light to the world.

I was a little star. Dying inside from Cal and my mother. That was until Jack put me on the sky map. When Jack came into my life my world, my whole world just exploded. Into having pure fun and happiness. Something I have never really felt since I was a small child.

Jack cared and loved me. He loves me for who I am, who I was, and who I will become in the future. He kindled and nurtured my flame. I have never seen or felt that in my life before. But thank god i'm lucky to have it.

***

"Hey what ya doing?", Jack said as he came round behind my chair.

"Nothing", I replied, "just thinking about life. Thinking about..The future", I then paused as I turned round to meet Jack.

"The future?", he said softly

"Well yes", I said moving myself to sit more upright. "Why? haven't you?", Jacks face then lit up with his smile.

"Everyday Rose", he said clasping our hands together on my stomach before we kissed. We then broke apart.

"So", he said closely to my lips with our noses touching each other's.

"So what?", I whispered back.

"Well", he said as he moved around to sit up on the arm rest, "what have you seen? What have you thought about?", he said putting his arm around the back of the chair.