desperate

"Oh? You can't make it? That's okay, I hope she's doing well." You were speaking on the phone with your brother. "No, no- it's okay. I hope she'll be fine, though." He'd planned a dinner with you and his family, but his wife fell sick.

Ending the call, you sighed, looking around in the half-empty restaurant. Guess you would leave empty-stomached. There wasn't a point in eating somewhere this fancy alone, anyway.

Standing up, slowly, you felt a bit embarrassed that you were leaving already.

Just as you exited you saw a familiar face a few inches away from yours. "Hyung?" You called, making him blink as he smiled and stepped back.

"Berry-berry! I saw you were alone from the window, so I wanted to ask you if you wanted to join us?" You looked to the side to see Hoseok awkwardly standing there, watching you two.

You suddenly remembered that Taehyung was also an idol, along with the rest of Bangtan. And so, you got flustered.

Bowing towards Hoseok in respect, you greeted him. He smiled and greeted back.

"Who's this?" You heard him murmur to Taehyung, who grinned widely and brought you to a side hug as he said your name.

"–otherwise, also known as my strawberry~" he cooed, gently pinching your tinted pink cheeks. Your heart was pacing out of your ribs, you'd never expected this to even happen– hell, you'd never even expected to meet Kim Taehyung, either.

"It seems Taehyung has taken quite a liking to you, I see," Hoseok said, a delightful laugh leaving his lips. "It's very nice to meet you."

Then, your attention went back to Taehyung when he tapped your shoulder. "So, want to join us?"

"But," Hoseok interrupted, an unsure look in his eyes, "what if he's already eaten?"

Taehyung pouted and turned to you again, "Have you?"

You didn't see the point isn't lying, so answered.

"I haven't."

Both men gave you a wide grin in elation.

"Perfect."

>.<

The whole night, you were conversing happily with the idols you looked up to– now friends you could talk to.

Taehyung, seeing Hoseok be extremely friendly with you and you responding merrily to him, found that something didn't sit well in his heart when he saw that.

And, he immediately realized that he was jealous. Jealous of Hoseok of getting your attention like that.

So, in an internal flurry of pouting and frustration, Taehyung interrupted the conversation.

"Hobi hyung, he's a fan, you know," Taehyung said, half-feigning his excitement. He was happy to be talking about you, just not the fact that it was in this situation of wanting to break Hoseok apart from you.

"Wah, really?" Hoseok asked you, his eyes lighting in happiness.

You got shy, averting your gaze down to the table, slowly nodding. "I'm an ARMY."