fire

Soft hum echoed in the dorm room as Taehyung entered, trying to be as quiet as possible.

"Taehyung-ah, why are you so late?"

Taehyung jumped and turned to the voice. He sheepishly smiled and let out a nervous giggle.

"Yoongi hyung... I... got distracted?" Taehyung formed his statement as a somewhat question.

Yoongi just snorted and sipped a cup of water, eyes going back to his phone. He was sitting on the couch, probably just returned from the studio.

"Go to sleep, it's your shoot first thing tomorrow."

"What about you, hyung?"

Yoongi gulped down his cup of water and lied down on the couch, turning off his phone, the only source of artificial light in the room gone. The city lights spilled inside through the curtains.

"I'm too tired to go to my room. I'll just sleep here."

Taehyung muttered an okay before quietly walking over to his room that he shared with Namjoon.

Not bothering to tiptoe after he entered the bedroom as Namjoon's snores blocked everything out, he slipped into his pajamas and fell into bed.

Oddly enough, the last thought in his head before going to sleep was the adorable boy he met on his way home.

>.<

"Taehyung-ah! Wake up, it's your shoot first thing today!" Taehyung groaned, feeling Jimin sit on his back.

"Jimin, don't sit on me..." Taehyung mumbled before falling back into slumber. Then, he felt a shake to his shoulder, jolting him awake again.

"Kim Taehyu—ng, wake up—" Jimin sang. Taehyung rolled over closing his eyes again, making Jimin fall off comedically just as the door opened to reveal Namjoon.

Chuckling at the sight, Namjoon walked over to his own bed. "Taehyung-ah, your shoot starts in two hours."

That made Taehyung jump up and run into the bathroom, a panicked expression on his face.

Jimin stood up, face scrunched at his own fall. "Is it really in two hours?"

Namjoon shook his head, his lips in an amused smile. "It's in four."

Laughing softly, Jimin walked out of the room, satisfied that his job was done.

Taehyung on the other hand, rushed everything. Peeing, brushing his teeth, shower, skin care- what he usually finished in thirty minutes, he finished in ten.

When he rushed back into his room, he practically jumped into his closet for his clothes.

"I lied. It's in four." He heard Namjoon speak, making him freeze.

"What? Why-? That was so painful," Taehyung whined, his shoulders now slumped, more relaxed.

The muffled sound of Namjoon's laugh was heard before Taehyung got changed.

He saw Namjoon playing on his phone when he walked out of the room and into the kitchen, where he saw Jin making breakfast.

Jungkook was there too, but he was blasting out Fire, dancing to it as Jin cooked (and also danced along awkwardly from time to time).

"Hyung, can I have some? I need to go for my shoot."

Jin scrunched his face and shook his head a no. "I'm not giving you any, make your own. This is for Jungkook and me."

Taehyung pouted and turned to Jungkook. "Can I have some from your portion? I'll pay you back with food later."

Jungkook paused his extreme dancing and looked at Taehyung, his face holding a thinking expression. "Hm... ₩30,000?"

Taehyung knew the maknae would be this expensive. "₩15,000."

With an unsure look, Jungkook said, "₩20,000."

Heavily sighing, Taehyung accepted it. "Deal. I get 90% of your portion, then."

"That's fine," Jungkook cheered happily, going back to interacting with Jin through dancing to Fire.

Walking out of the kitchen, Taehyung hummed to the song. A smile played on his lips remembering the night before.

He couldn't pinpoint the reason why he couldn't get the ARMY he met out of his head.

With a longing feeling settling in his chest, Taehyung somehow came to a realization he wanted to meet the adorable boy again.