Torture

Your POV

We walked downstairs. The entire city was down there, working. Most of them were mining for iron, gold, and diamonds. The others were being tortured with chains on their wrists. "We have to start mining. Do you guys have pickaxes?" CJ asked. We all nodded and took them out of our inventories. We had iron pickaxes so as not to raise suspicion. We started mining. I found an entire stack of iron in the desperate mine. I found half a stack of gold, and 14 diamonds. My inventory was halfway full by the time we finished. I loaded it all into the minecart that carried the treasures to the king.

"This is truly awful," I said as we went aboveground to get some rest. "Tell me about it. I heard one of the prisoners refused to mine and got tortured," Olivia stated. "Yes... that's true... and we'll be me or you guys next if you reveal anything," CJ said nervously. He started crying again. "CJ. I have to know... why is it that you're always crying?" Lukas asked. "I just... I want to leave here so badly... it's awful here... I want to go home... to my real home. I've had dreams.... where I was given freedom, only for death to take it away from me. I don't deserve your help... and yet I begged for it. Pleaded for it... I'm a pathetic man. A pathetic man who wants something they shouldn't have... I'm putting you through serious trouble right now. I'll be fine if you don't want to help me out. I promise," CJ answered. I couldn't help but think about our friends.

And suddenly I was angry. I punched the wall of a nearby building. "Our friends... they just left us! All because we were all being a bit immature! And now we're the only ones who can help you, and we can't do it with just the four of us!" I started crying as well. I wiped the tears away. "CJ... I promise you... no matter what... we'll get you out of here..." I promised him. "Whether I'm dead or alive?" he asked me. "Whether you're dead or alive," I responded. CJ hugged me, the tears streaming down his face. I hugged him back tightly. 

It was sundown again before we knew it. We went back down to start working again. When we were there, we heard a familiar voice shout, "I WON'T DO IT!" CJ? I thought. "If you're not going to work, short stuff, you know what's gonna happen," a guard's voice boomed. "NO!" I shouted. The other three had to hold me back. "Y/n? I'll be fine... Just trust me," I heard CJ's voice from far off. "DON'T HURT HIM!" Olivia shouted. The guard walked over to us. "So... if you pleaded us not to hurt him... that would mean you know what goes on here... King Pix isn't gonna like this, Shorty," the guard said. Olivia covered her mouth in horror. CJ's eyes widened. His facial expression said, This is the only way... but his body language said, Don't let them do anything to me!

The guard used an ender pearl and teleported away. We ran after him to the dungeons. It was a long way down. By the time we were there, we saw CJ chained to the wall. He was being whipped by the guards. Each time he got whipped, he screamed in pain. "STOP IT!" Lukas shouted. "Aren't you lot supposed to be mining up ores for the king?" a guard asked and sent his whip flying at Lukas. It hit him hard. Lukas quickly got up. "You think all the 'newcomers' are just gonna take it like that? Lemme tell you one thing. The Order of the Stone is resilient, no matter how bad things get," Lukas said. He pulled out his sword. I helped him fight the guards. Olivia and Harper got CJ out of the cell. He was too weak to walk on his own. Olivia carried him on his back. We all ran out of the dungeons. 

When we got aboveground, we searched as fast as we could for the portal. We knew the king had to have heard about this by now, so we were in trouble. CJ woke up. "The portal... I know where it is... but it's surrounded..." he got the strength to say. "Okay. We can take them. Where?" Harper asked. "To the building behind the castle. Are you guys sure you can take them on?" he asked. "Of course we can. Olivia, you stay here and take care of CJ so nothing happens to him. We'll go on ahead. When we give a signal, you can come over here," I said. Olivia nodded. She lay CJ on the ground and started to tend to his wounds. Harper, Lukas, and I ran for the guards. We took them out as fast as we could. I got slashed through the leg in the process. Lukas got his face scratched. Harper somehow got out unscathed. We walked through the dark building. There was the portal. Our signal was to shoot an arrow up in the air. Lukas did so, and soon after, Olivia ran in with CJ on her back again.

"Th-thank you guys... so m-much. I'm s-so happy that you guys decided to help me," CJ said as we went through to the portal hallway, and fell limp.