chap. 10

a/n: yay i'm back on track with my updates... tell me what other stories you want me to write by commenting, and if i should keep writing this one then vote away smol beans :) ~susanna <3

Mark was too strong. I gave up. I couldn't take any more of this pain. Any more of this, this torture. I couldn't do it any longer.

"I SURRENDER! I'LL DO WHATEVER YOU WANT!" I screamed in mock pain as Mark finally stopped whacking me with a pillow. Note to self: Never, ever start a pillow fight with Mark. It's bad enough when I can't even blame myself.

"Anything?" Mark smirked at me as I put my hands in the air. He had that dirty look on his face that Mark gets when he has an 'idea'. I shivered. Mark could send chills down my back in a matter of seconds, without even saying a word.

"Anything..." My voice trailed off. I gave Mark a genuine looking sad face, and his expression immediately softened. I looked down, trying to trick Mark into thinking I was upset with him.

But really, how could I be? Mark was impossible to be mad at. Even when he makes the stupidest mistakes, acts like an idiot, and cries his eyes out like a child, I can't even frown at him. I strive to let go of the thought of me needing to protect him. Protect him from getting hurt in another relationship. I would never hurt him, but what are the chances of us actually being together?

I need to stop thinking so much. My mind rules me.

Mark looked at me with such a guilty face, and embraced me. He held onto me tightly, and I looked up at him and smiled.

"You little faker." I giggled and shyly looked down. Mark delicately lifted my chin up and gave me a soft kiss on the nose.

Mark and I were just sitting on the couch, cuddling. Some fan had uploaded a Five Nights at Freddy's short film, so Mark and I decided to watch it. Near the end, the TV randomly shut off. Only a second later, the lights flickered, and went black.

Power outage. Great. Just great.

"Crap. This could not have been a worse time to have a blackout." Mark sighed.

"I'm not that bad, am I Markimoo?" He looked at me through the darkness.

"I didn't mean it like that you-" Mark saw my smirk and I finished his sentence.

"Faker."

"Come here, you little scrub." Mark pulled me closer to him and gave me a noogie.

"Hey!" I yelped. Mark hugged me from behind and I nuzzled into his neck.

And the sound of hell was heard.

"Don't answer it," I suggested to Mark. Mark looked at me, and I couldn't resist.

Again.

"Someone probably just needs power in the blackout." Mark stood up and made his way to the door shuffling through the darkness. He opened the door and let in the two strangers.

Tyler and Jack. Tyler spoke quiet enough to create an eerie feeling in the room, but loud enough for me to make out what he was saying.

"I know that you're not exactly in a great place at the moment, but Jack and I were out for a late night work, and the whole entire street is out, and our phones are dead and-"

"Don't worry about it. You can stay here as long as you need, but please, there is some stuff-" Mark glanced at Jack, who was sheepishly looking down. "-that I don't want to talk about. Please, just respect that. Ethan and I, we probably should explain what's been going on, however."

"Thank you so much."

Soon, Mark had found a flashlight, and the four of us sat at the counter. Mark held my hand underneath the countertop, and it was so pitch black that Jack and Tyler probably were too, but we would never know. We explained to them about everything. From the beginning. The sneak kisses, the cuddles, my nightmares, the awkwardness, everything. I ended the story but stating my stubborn opinion that I still hated.

"And we're not official yet- I'm trying to figure out my feelings, as well as Mark, and I for one, don't want to ruin our friendship, or jump into something we aren't ready for. And everytime I say this, I get tears in my eyes because I wish it wasn't so goddamn true."

"I think it's good that you guys are taking time to get to know eachother and actually understand eachother- obviously, we have a past, and I don't want to bring it up, but I clearly wasn't being as half as smart as you guys are being," Jack finally spoke. I almost thought that Mark would punch Jack, or say something mean, so I just put my hand on his knee, an gave him a squeeze of reassurance. I was more scared for what Mark could do than what Jack could say.

"Thank you, Jack." That was a shocker. Even though it was dark, I could still see Mark smiling through the light of the flashlight, currently shining on the ceiling.

I broke the silence.

"Why don't we tell ghost stories?"

"Eh, I'm tired..." Mark yawned and smoothly wrapped his arm around me. Soon he offered to set up the couches for them to sleep in and I joined him, leaving Jack and Tyler in the darkness. We finished with the couches and Jack and Tyler thanked us and said good night. Mark and I went upstairs to go to bed. We started to part for our rooms, when a large rumble of thunder shook the house.

I turned to look at Mark, and you didn't need to see my expression to know that I was going to sleep in Mark's room tonight.

As Mark whispered good night, we fell asleep, him hugging me to calm my shaking body. I prayed for no nightmares tonight, and Mark and I fell asleep.

But not for long. It wasn't until about 4 AM, when Mark and I woke up, startled. The unexpected sound we heard coming from downstairs scared the living crap out of us.

Screams.

a/n: CLIFFHANGERS AYE so many people probably hate me rn xD have a nice night/day <3 ~susanna

edit: over 350 reads and over 60 votes... THANK YOU SO MUCH