chap 7.

Amy just stared at Mark and I in disbelief.

"You? I lived with you! I breathed the same air as you! AND YOU TOOK HIM AWAY FROM ME!" she screamed, moving towards me. I wantd to stay strong and bold and not show my weak side, but I just kept backing up. I stopped when I bumped into Mark.

Amy's hand flew quicker than Mark and I knew what was happening. That girl has muscles, and I have a firsthand account of that.

Smack.

My hand flew up to shield my face, obviously too late. I whimpered in pain.

"Oh, now you're going to cry? Great! Cry like the baby you always have been." This was getting heated and Amy wasn't calming down anytime soon.

"Amy, if you don't leave right this second, I can't say that you will leave here looking any better than Ethan." Mark said this very calmly, and to my surprise, Amy just turned on her heel and stomped out the door. As soon as it shut, Mark spun me around to face him and held my face in his hands gently.

"A-are you okay?" I looked into Mark's chocolately brown eyes. They glistened with fear.

I could only guess- the fear of me getting hurt.

"I will be," I whispered. I tried to shout that I was fine, that Mark didn't need me in his life, but I couldn't. He took my hands in his. I shuddered with nervousness. That's all Mark made me, was nervous.

Many other things too, actually.

I felt love. He always made me feel like I was worth it in this world, like I wasn't just another editor for a YouTuber. He made me feel like I was the only human in his life. The only one who was really worthy of him.

I felt anger. Mostly from him seeming to want me. That's all I could think of it. He couldn't be mad at me, could he?

"Ethan," Mark whispered, still holding my hands.

I was speechless. I just looked up at him.

"I didn't want that to be a lie."

Mark didn't look right through me this time. He looked me right in the eyes, and I could feel my cheeks reddening. He smiled and laughed a bit.

"I-I don't either. But I don't want to ruin our friendship," I said, just becoming even more sad.

"If I can't be this close to you for a while, can I at least be this close for tonight?"

"If you stay happy."

"I can't stay sad around you." I blushed even redder, and Mark gently let go of my hands, only to bring them up to my face where he gently caressed my cheek, soothing the stinging pain Amy had just brought upon me a few mintues ago. He started to lean in, but stopped.

"I'll just make myself want you even more." He sighed to himself, gently letting go of my face again. I held his hands this time, pushing him on the couch. I smoothly grabbed the remote and turned on the TV. I cuddled next to Mark, and he was quite surprised at first. Soon he embraced me in his arms, and I snuggled into the crook of his neck.

"I don't want this night to end, Ethan."

I just looked up at him with sad eyes and Mark ran his hand through my hair.

I didn't want this night to end either, so I made the effort to stay up. It wasn't easy, because I could fall asleep anywhere if I'm leaning on Mark. He could tell I was beginning to grow tired, but I wouldn't let Mark down. I got up from the couch, and walked into the fridge. I grabbed two cans of Monster, and tossed one to Mark.

"I'm not falling asleep yet, and neither are you," I said to him, smirking. He grinned childishly, and I rolled my eyes. I downed my drink, and tossed it in the trash. Mark just looked at me in awe.

"Oh please, don't act like you don't eat burritos that quickly." Mark just kept drinking his Monster and watched TV.

"Hey, why don't we do something fun?"

"Being in my presence is fun enough," I teased. But was I really teasing? (hehe)

"True. We could watch a movie?"

"Not too different from watching TV, Mark."

"Please? We could watch Frozen!" He looked at me with pleading eyes. I can't resist, so I gave in.

"Alright. On one condition."

"What?"

"You have to sing every single song with me."

"DONE! LET'S START!" Mark yelled in excitement, the Monster definitely already getting to him.

I put the disc in our video player, and Mark giggled in excitement as I grabbed a blanket. I pressed play on the movie and I cuddled up to him under the blanket. Mark's heartbeat was fast.

"Calm down, Markimoo."

"I love it when you call me that." I blushed and smiled shyly.

"Watch the movie. AND SING!" I said happily.

"THE PAST IS IN THE PAAAAAST! LET IT GOOOOO!" we sang in unison.

Through all the songs, we cried and laughed and sang.

Together.

It pained me to know that this couldn't happen tomorrow. Or for a long time.

It pained me to see Mark so happy that he could cuddle with me, just living in the moment.

I wish I didn't have to be so stubborn. Why can't I just let us be, well, us?

My thoughts don't matter right now, I can contemplate my decisions later. I watched Mark happily look down at me. I smiled down at him as the movie ended. I just snuggled into him on his chest, and didn't think of tomorrow. I just told myself to stay in the moment. I'd deal with all the tears and regrets tomorrow.

Tomorrow.

It seemed like such a long time from now.

So instead, I just fell asleep leaning on Mark, and held his hand. He held onto mine tightly. I couldn't ask for a better time to be with him. I felt like I was in a one-shot. Those cheesey ones that are written about Mark and I all the time.

Except I have to wake up and let go of his hand.