Chapter 4: Butterfinger

Start from the beginning

"Alright baby. I'm gonna get you some clothes okay? I'll be right back." I open my mouth to say something but quickly close it again. I don't want to sound stupid again. He walks out of the room and my shoulders slump. I wish I knew the right words. 

"Aila?" I look up quickly to see Dallas back in front of me. I blink in surprise. 

"How'd you know I was upset?" He grins and tucks a piece of hair behind my ear. 

"My wolf felt it. What is it?" I sigh. 

"I don't want to sound stupid." He growls and I blink at him. 

"You're not stupid. Don't say that again. Now tell me." My eyes widen as I speak quickly. 

"Could I....could I wear the clothes that smell like you again? It makes me feel less skittish." Dallas grins. 

"Absolutely baby. I'll be right back."

........................

Twenty minutes later I am wearing more of Dallas's clothes. Dallas opens the door and the three females, the girls that look like my mate is standing there. He never did explain that last night. I look up at him and he smiles. 

"These are my sisters." My body relaxes as I realize they are family not his pups. He points to the tallest one and speaks. "This is Star, she's sixteen and these other two are Bloo and Bonnet. They're twins and they're eight." All three girls look up at me as Star speaks. 

"We're sorry we upset you. We were just excited to see Dallas." I glance at Dallas then back to the girls as I bite my lip. 

"I'm sorry. I'm new to this human thing. I didn't understand." Bonnet smiles and bounces on her toes. 

"Can we hug you now?" I blink and nod as Bonnet squeal and leap on me. I yelp in surprise and stumble into Dallas, who chuckles as he keeps us from falling. I smile as I look up to see the girl from yesterday go to walk past us as I set Bonnet back on her feet. Bloo's in her way and I see her glance at Dallas's bent head as she lifts her hand to shove Bloo while Dallas isn't looking. Before I can think about it I've twisted out of Dallas's arms and pulled to the side as I shift. Leaping over the girls I dive at the female, knocking her down the stairs. 

As we hit the bottom she goes to get out from under me but I snarl and snap my jaws at her. She shrieks as she cries out for Dallas. 

"Dallas, help! I think she's feral!" She twists her head to look at Dallas as he walks into the room. The female lets a tear slide down her cheek as I shift into my human form. She goes to move but I grip her neck as I lift her upper body off the floor then slam her back down. 

"You were going to hurt Bloo. Pack. You don't hurt Pack." She starts to protest as Alpha and Pack surround us. Alpha snarls and she freezes as her eyes widen. 

"Dallas she's lying." I look from her to Dallas and he smiles at me and shrugs. 

"I think I'll let Aila take care of this. She is Luna." I grin as I look back to the female. 

"You are no longer Pack. Pack doesn't hurt the weak. Pack protects. You are not Pack." That said I stand and gesture to the door as Dallas puts his t-shirt over my naked body. 

"Get out." Glaring at me, the female gets up and walks out of the house. As the door closes everyone turn to look at me. Then the male that I have seen with Dallas several times in the past two days starts to clap then the rest of Dallas's pack starts to clap as well. I look at Alpha, who is sitting on his haunches, staring at me. I don't understand why they are clapping until Alpha throws back his head and howls. The Pack follows suit and the humans stop clapping and throw back their heads and howl as well even Dallas. My body straightens as I realize they are proud of me. Smiling I throw back my head and howl too.

.........................

After everyone stops howling and I get dressed we sit in the living room and talk.  As I snuggle in Dallas's lap someone speaks.

"I am Beta Jazz but you can call me Jazz, Luna." I look at the male, Jazz, who had started clapping earlier, as I frown in confusion. 

"What is Luna?" As soon as I ask the question a woman's face comes into my mind. Her hazel eyes are shining with laughter as she throws back her head and laughs. Her laughter rings in my mind as I stumble back. My chest starts to ache as a whimper escapes me. I shake my head. 

"Not Luna. Not Luna. Momma. Please, not Momma." Blood dripping, sightless eyes. No! 

"AILA!" I jerk and look up at Dallas as the smell of blood fades. The copper smell, it's the smell of blood. Momma. Shaking my head free of the memories I sigh as Dallas wraps his arms around me and I grip at his shirt and bury my face in his chest as I speak. 

"Not Luna, please. Aila or Other but please don't call me Luna. It hurts. That word hurts." I push the thoughts of Luna out of my mind and I breath in Dallas's scent. My stomach growls and I lift my head to look up at Dallas. 

"Feed me, mate." Dallas's sad face disappears at the word mate and he grins as he sweeps me into his arms. 

"Come on Jazz Aila is hungry. Let's feed her while you two talk."

...........................

I eat the food Dallas places in front of me as Jazz sits across from me eating something that smells like Dallas. I look at Jazz as Dallas sets a glass in front of me. 

"What is that?" Jazz raises a brow and breaks off a piece and hands it to me. I take it and place it in my mouth as the flavor of Dallas explodes in my mouth. 

"It's chocolate. A Butterfinger, actually." Groaning I glance at Dallas, who has frozen in spot at the look on my face. 

"It tastes like you Dallas. You taste like chocolate." I look at Jazz and hold out my hand. "More." Jazz chuckles and hands me his Butterfinger. The food in front of me is forgotten as I lean back and devour it. When I'm done I lick my fingers then I look up to see Dallas still staring at me. An idea comes to me and I speak before I think. 

"More. Dallas, it tastes really good. Give me more." Jazz leaps from the table and leaves the room hurriedly but I barely notice as Dallas stalks closer to me. His eyes are black as his wolf takes over. He turns the chair I'm sitting in so my back is to the table as he places his hands on either side of me. I stare as he leans closer and presses his lips to mine. When his flavor envelopes me I moan and grab his hair as I open my mouth. He growls and thrusts his tongue in my mouth, mixing his flavor with mine. I copy his move and dart my tongue into his mouth wanting more. He pulls back and I whimper until he lifts me into his arms and pulls me tightly against him as he nips the side of my neck. I throw my head back and wrap my legs around him as I whimper in pleasure. 

"Mate. I want to taste you." He groans as I lean forward to slide my tongue up his neck. Then I nip at his neck as he had done mine. It's a few more minutes before he sets me back in my seat.  

"Okay Sweetie we need to talk to Jazz and you need to eat, so eat." I stick my lip out in a pout but lift the fork to my mouth as Jazz comes back in the room. I smile hopefully at him as Dallas growls.  

"Dallas I just want more Butterfinger." Jazz laughs and sits down across from me as Dallas leans down to whisper in my ear. 

"I'll get you a whole stash of Butterfingers when we go get you some clothes but quit looking at Jazz like that it's making my wolf angry." I frown and turn my head to look at him. 

"Why? I just want his Butterfinger." Dallas growls and grips the sides of the table on either side of me as he speaks. 

"MINE!" I shiver at the word as I lick his cheek. He stops growling as he looks at me in shock. I smile widely. 

"Okay mate but I want more Butterfingers soon." That said I go back to eating as Dallas groans and straightens up.