Chapter 31

Brooke's POV

So, I've been thinking a lot about what Aurora said earlier, a lot...

I'm trying not to because Lena's my best friend and if I start seeing her that way, it would just ruin everything.

Of course I would want to be with someone like Lena, she's great, and we've known each other practically since birth and she's so sweet, a lot of people probably don't see that but I know she is and I want to be with someone sweet that actually cares about me, I really want that. Not to mention she's absolutely gorgeous, like I've definitely thought about kissing her more times than I'd like to admit...

Ugh why am I doing this to myself?

I can't think about her in that way because if she doesn't feel the same, then I would lose my best friend...

I have to forget about this.

"Hello.. Brooke.. are you listening" she says snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What, no I'm sorry what were you saying?" I ask.

"I said do you wanna go take all these stuffed animals to the car and then go on the ferries wheel?" she asks me, she looks so cute when she's talking, well she just looks cute in general, I still can't believe she won me a giant panda and a unicorn, I love that stuff, and her... ughh focus Brooke!

"Uh, yeah sounds good" I say.

"Are you feeling okay today, you've been spacing out a lot" she says as we start walking to the car.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I assure her but I'm not even convinced myself.

"Are you sure?" She asks looking at me, I love when she looks at me, the way she looks at me, it's like when she's looking at me, that's all that matters, just us... ughh I really have to stop doing this, focus!

"Yeah" I assure her with a smile. "Can we get some more cotton candy, ooh and funnel cake?" I ask her and she smiles, she has the most beautiful smile and if I wasn't sure I was gay, I'm definitely sure now.

"Of course" she says still smiling at me.

_______________________________

So we got on the ferries wheel, well obviously after we got more cotton candy because I love cotton candy.

It was really nice just being here with Lena, it felt like it was just us.

"So..." I trailed off not really knowing what to say. "Aurora says you looked upset when I kissed her" I blurt out and her eyes immediately widen.

"What.. I was.. I wasn't upset, why would I have been upset?" she says.

"I don't know... maybe you were jealous" I say looking at her hoping I didn't completely fuck up our friendship.

"Why would I be jealous" she says sounding kind of anxious and she's still looking down. Great, now she can't even look at me...

"Lena, we've been best friends for as long as I can remember" I say to her as I lift her chin up so she can face me. "So we can talk to each other about anything, right?" I ask her.

"Brooke.. the truth is..." she pauses. "Never mind, forget it, it doesn't matter" she says looking down again.

"No Lena, of course it matters, just say it" I tell her.

"I love you okay, I mean I've always loved you, you're my best friend and one of the very few people that really knows me, you're the one I know I can always be myself around and you're just amazing. Even though you don't see it, you're beautiful, and smart and funny and anyone would be so lucky to go out with you, I know I would.

So yeah, maybe I was a little jealous when you kissed Aurora or when you go out with those stupid guys that can't really see how amazing you are because I..." I cut her off by pressing my lips against hers, she was a little shocked at first but then she gladly kissed me back and I've never been so happy in my life.

I waisted so much time, I wish I would've know that she felt this way.

I cupped her cheeks in my hands and pulled us closer.

"I love you too Lena" I tell her when we pull away and she smiles at me.

"So what happens now?" She asks....

One more chapter to go, I'm so excited and kinda sad that this book is coming to an end and I know this chapter was kinda short just like the last one I'm sorry.. Also OMG YOU GUYS, I saw that THIS BOOK IS IN #5 for #gaylovestory

Also thank you guys for over 2k read, that's awesome, like I did not think that many people would even like this story, TYSM I LOVE YOU ALL, I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER, BYEEEE!!!!