Chapter 29

Aurora's POV

So yesterday was pretty much the best day of my life and when Delilah left I tried to call Blake to tell him the good news but he didn't answer his phone and he's not at school today because I haven't seen or heard from him all day and the school day is almost over. I'm kinda worried about him.

I decided to text him since I have some free time, I mean technically I'm still in class but we're not really doing anything and it's ending soon.

-Hey are you okay? I know I keep texting and calling you but you're not responding which is really unlike you so I'm just a little worried-

I don't expect to respond right away but I just hope he does eventually...

RING!!

The bell goes off signaling the end of class which is also the dismissal bell because we were in the last class of the day. Everyone dashes to the door like usual.

As I'm walking through the hallway to leave Brooke comes up to me.

"Hey whatcha doing?" She asks.

"Well it's the end of the day and I don't like staying at school for longer than I have to so I'm leaving like I do everyday and what most people i..." she cut me off.

"Well duh I know that, you know contrary to popular belief, I'm not an idiot. I meant what are you doing after school" she says.

"I don't know probably..." she cut me off again.

"Great so you're free, let's hang out" she says with a smile on her face.

"Well I didn't say I wasn't doing anything after school" I told her.

"Really? So what are you doing?" She asks me even though it sounds like she's already made up her mind that I'm not doing anything important.

"Well.. it just so happens that I'm... not doing anything" I tell her sighing in defeat.

"Great, so I was thinking you and I should..." I cut her off.

"Aren't Delilah and Lena gonna be there?" I asked.

"No, just us, anyways, there's this spring festival and I was thinking we should go" she says.

"Okay but why can't Delilah and Lena be there, you know, like just the four us" I say mainly because I want Delilah to be there.

"Or it could just be the two of us" she says smirking at me.

"Yeah but that just seems too much like a date" I told her.

"What's wrong with that?" She asks.

"Uhh.. well..." before I can finish what I was saying she cuts me off.

"Delilah said you were single the other day" she says.

"Well..." she cut me off again.

"So you don't like me, what is it, am I not pretty enough?" She asks and now she's making me feel bad because she seems really sad.

"No, Brooke it's not that, listen you're a great girl.." she cut me off probably knowing where I was getting at.

"I get it, you don't feel that way about me, is it someone else?" She asks and I don't really know how to tell her that Delilah and I are together because I was waiting for Delilah to tell her that herself.

"Yeah..." I tell her not really sure if that was the right thing to say, I mean I am with someone else but I just hope she doesn't ask who.

"Who?" She asks me and I just want to slap myself.