Expect The Unexpected.

Start from the beginning

That wasn't the part that confused me the most. It was the fact she was hanging out with Mandy.

Mandy, the bitch who made snarky comments about the two of us not too long ago. Had she forgotten about that?

She was just like everyone else, I think, all she ever wanted was popularity. Not to be my friend.

I swallow roughly, and push away the thought. Anna wouldn't do that to me. Anna was my friend. My friend for two years.

She wouldn't just ditch me for Mandy and Kara, girls she just met two weeks ago, right?

The scary part was that I honestly didn't know the answer to question.

Maybe I was just over reacting, I mean, she can have more friends then just me. It's not a crime. I just wished she would have picked another group of people to be friends with rather then my pack.

I didn't even know why Mandy and Kara were hanging out her. Last time I checked, Mandy didn't even like to hang out with humans. Especially at school.

She was probably angry. Angry that I had "stolen" Adam from her. Now she simply wanted to repay the favor, by stealing Anna, my best friend, away from me.

I bet once they accomplished that, and Anna stopped fully talking to me, they'd dump her.

I just hoped Anna wouldn't put herself in that situation. She was smarter then that. Right?

Again, another question I couldn't answer.

I just pray I won't lose my best friend.

Sighing, I close my locker and head in the opposite direction of where Anna had gone, the feeling of betrayal setting in my stomach.

                             The morning seems to drag on. And it's probably because of the fact the whole time Liam and I seem to be having some sort of stare off with one another.

We don't say anything to one another. All we do is exchange nervous glances and coy smiles. Though he's mostly the one who sends me a smile, I just stare at him with parted lips.

Now that I look at him, I just imagine seeing that same hate-filled expression on his face like he had in the video.

And it's not like I can help it.

I just find myself questioning who Liam really is. And why he was claimed to be a murderer. My mind lingers on to the thought to why he had even come here.

I mean, he had to know the Purgatory pack hung around here. It was like asking for trouble. Though I'm pretty sure Liam's middle name was trouble.

I guess I just wanted to know his motives behind it all. I wanted to know who Liam was, but that would mean growing close to him.

And I couldn't afford to that.

It'd be setting myself up for heartbreak. In just two months, I'd have to mate with Adam - that is, if I can't get out of it - And if that were to happen, It would be painful. Even more painful if I really knew Liam then and liked him. Perhaps even loved him.

Love.

When had that come into my vocabulary? I would never love Liam. Because I wouldn't get to know him.

I would get out of my mating with Adam, run away, and never look back. Never give Liam the chance to win my heart.

And that was final.