"Join the Host Club," she said. "It'll be fun," she said.

If anyone were to ask anyone who my role model is, obviously, they'd know that it would be my ever-loving maman

If anyone were to ask anyone who my role model is, obviously, they'd know that it would be my ever-loving maman. Yes, that fact has been established from the very beginning of this story, since I never fail to mention my mother as she taught me mostly all the good morals I know.

Yes, mostly all the good morals.

Sure, Dad had taught me a few good lessons, but this is where I introduce you to someone else who had created a large impact in my life that changed me to an entirely different person than what I initially was supposed to be.

This is it. We're caught red-handed. They're gonna make my mama pay a huge fine, then receive a good scolding at home, maybe even kick me out of school, feed me tomatoes, make René stick with me for good measures- I dunno! Stop scaring yourself, Léa!

I gulped and looked to my left, meeting Tomoe's eyes that mirrored my chaotic internal emotions, the both of us terrified for what's to come next. Our mothers were sitting next to us on either side, probably frustrated by the number of times they were called here.

The principal flipped the file shut and greeted us with a tight smile, no sincerity, no genuine, either. "Of course, it doesn't surprise me that Miss Léa de Grantaine has returned, but it does when the both of you did. I hope this doesn't create a new tradition," he joked, although he definitely internally grimaced over the very thought of it.

Yes, we have returned to this cursed room from whence we shall receive our severe punishments that may cost our lives.

Are we the ones at fault?

Probably.

Are we still gonna slip up again in the possible future, thus leading us to end up here again?

Absolutely.

The principal then shifted his gaze towards the two people behind us and our mothers, and intertwined his fingers to rest his chin on. "Would any of you like to say something before we begin?"

I squirmed in my seat, feeling a set of eyes burning my back as a few seconds passed by.

"Yes, I do," the culprit behind the stare spoke up, her tone sounding as though she actually found this rather amusing. "I'd like to make a proposal."

I grumbled to myself, recalling the moment when my life turned for the worse. So much work and labor... it's sad that I didn't get paid. I remember always waking up to feel the soreness of my muscles. But it's the price I paid for switching from chess to martial arts with Tomoe.

I shivered just by recalling the days when I used to run across the track while dragging tires that were roped to my waist. None of the others in my club received such a heavy load of work compared to me, yet I still did it.

Blinking to focus on the now, my gaze traveled towards Tashina who stood facing me, waiting for my first move. We were situated right outside Music Room #3, the both of us arguing on our way here until we realized that the only way to settle things is to do it in our traditional way.