{Chapter One} Pretty in Pink

A/N: Hey, guys! This is my first story on Wattpad, so please, if you could, would you read it? :) And maybe even comment? I'd love to hear feedback, and I'd love you forever if you did.<3 So if you're reading this, I really hope you enjoy it! I'll post the next chapter soon(:

---

You know when you see photos from your parents wedding, and you see the little girls who carry the flower baskets down the aisle, their hair perfected, wearing beautiful gowns? They’re usually your older cousin, or one of your family friends that was actually there for your parents wedding? And you know how you wish you could’ve been them—that you could’ve been at your mother’s wedding?

Well, I don’t. Not anymore.

Because my mother was marrying the devil.

“Oh my God, Em, you’re so flat-chested!” Avarie Lamont, my dearest step-sister-to-be sighed, exasperated, as I modeled the new dress my mother had handpicked—lucky me, who was her maid of honor, got to wear the most ostentatious, and therefore, most ridiculous dress out of the lot. It was an ugly thing, with a vomit inducing magenta color and a cut that reached just above my knobby knees. There was a huge pink flower right above my left boob that was the size of an infant’s head, and a light pink strip of fabric that went around my waist and tapered to a bow in the back. I looked down at myself, not knowing how awful I looked until I saw my reflection in the mirror.

“Thanks for your words of encouragement, Avarie.” I said through clenched teeth, trying to better adjust the dress so that it fit to my body appropriately. No matter how many times I squirmed in the fabric, though, it never seemed to fit quite right to my body shape.

Avarie pursed her lips, habitually putting her hands on her hips, standing hipshot as she raked her eyes up and down my body, mentally picking out every flaw. She frowned, “And you have, like, no butt.” She said critically, about to spin me around and pat my butt, to see if it was really there.

I jerked away from her, quickly, before she could actually touch me. I scowled at her, wishing my mom or Luke would barge into the dressing room right at that moment to take her away, “Okay, okay! I get it.”

She grimaced, rolling her eyes. As she did that, I quickly glanced at her, who was in almost the same dress I was, sans the huge ass flower and ugly piece of fabric, and it was tailored almost to perfection. Avarie always went that extra mile to look glamorous, though, and she could practically wear anything perfectly—she’d starved her body to the point right between thin arms and legs, but at the same time, still had a visible ass. Her bright blue eyes, which contrasted perfectly against her soft and smooth alabaster skin, flickered back to me, her pinkish glossed lips smacking, “Well, you’ll need to do something about that. Rose can’t walk down the aisle with a plank at her side,” she said, chewing on the inside of her cheek. She flipped a lock of dark brown, almost black hair, “you’ll make my dad look bad.”

I grimaced, annoyed. “Oh, well in that case,” I remarked sardonically, turning back to the mirror in a flagrant attempt to raise the dress up, although it kept sagging down. I saw her reflection briefly in the mirror, and turned back to me, wondering if it was ever possible to look as effortlessly flawless as she was. I was flat and figureless, like a child, and had long, light brown hair that often tangled moments after I brushed it. I was a pasty white color with a small face, big grey eyes, and an upturned nose. I looked quite average, to be perfectly honest--so average I was almost invisible. Not like Avarie at all.

I’d never be as pretty as she was, either, and simply paled in comparison to her and her vast wardrobe. Granted, she was born into money and had everything the world had to offer, and therefore was able to buy a whole salon to cater to her every beautifying whim. Seth Lamont, her father, lived on the richer side of town, and therefore was glad to meet a down-to-earth person like my mother when they bumped into each other for the first time at the gym. Of course it was like that—they were two naturally beautiful people, meeting each other at a place where beautiful people went. It wasn’t a shocker that they hit it off so well.