Chapter 19: Defeat

Start from the beginning

"Ahh, she has come," Alistair said, stepping away from them. She noticed the band going around his upper arm.

"You're a Dirut?" Liz thought in her mind as if she were speaking out loud to him.

"Good luck, my leader," he said back before exiting the room. Derek stood at the doorway for backup.

Liz walked towards her father as he bowed his head. Instantly, he sprang up, coming directly at her. She ducked immediately, sending him flying over her towards the wall. He jumped to his feet, coming at her again. He ran with his hand first and Liz immediately grabbed it, tossing him aside as if he were nothing.

She can control every element there is. Liz noticed a small amount of debris laying on the ground. She closed her eyes, focusing hard, picturing the objects floating and as she opened her eyes, there it was. Every ounce of debris floating in mid air. Liz smiled at her power, losing her concentration, which was exactly what her father needed. He went straight for her, sending her plowing against the ground and into the wall.

She coughed a bit, as she had inhaled dust from the collision. Derek tried consoling her, but she pushed him aside. Liz stood, clinching her fist and slamming her eyes shut. A few seconds later, she felt her canine teeth drawing from her gums. Her entire physique had transformed, but her father didn't stop. He came at her again, but once more, she tossed him against the concrete wall as if he were a rag doll.

"YOU WILL NEVER DEFEAT ME." Her voice wasn't her own. It was much deeper, almost sounding demonic. Liz walked towards her dads motionless body as he laid on the floor. "Puny Liwah, you think you can beat me? I AM THE PILAE. I AM STRONGER THAN YOU."

She placed her hand around her dad's neck, lifting him from the ground. Liz could sense his last breath would be in a mere few seconds. Suddenly, she felt a hand on her shoulder. Liz turned, infuriated. "Enough. Not this way, Lizzie. Not this way." She dropped her father to the ground as he grasped onto more moments of air.

Liz circled around Derek before speaking. "You think you can take me on, werewolf? I am more powerful than you," she laughed at him. Her voice was still changed, unlike anything she'd ever heard before. "You can never defeat me."

She ran at Derek, tossing him to where her fathers body laid. Liz walked over to them again, picking her father back up. With her new found strength, it was almost lighter than picking up a small coin. She stared into her fathers eyes, but this time, she controlled the air flow. Nearly sucking out every ounce of oxygen he had, she dropped him to the ground just as someone attacked her at the gut, sending her shooting across the room. Liz sat upwards against the wall, Derek running over to her.

"Liz, that's enough." She looked at him in the eyes, secretly retrieving the small object from her pocket and igniting the button, keeping it hidden at her side.

"You don't understand it. You never will." In that instant, she drove the blade deep into Derek's abdomen, sending him falling on his back, nearly lifeless. Her brain said nothing about it, but her heart was screaming his words 'It doesn't kill a wolf. It only wounds them greatly'.

She moved over to her father, throwing him onto his back, pinning him down. He gasped for air, barely able to allow his body to take it all in. "I told you. You will never defeat me." She raised the blade in the air just before slamming her eyes shut and reopening them. Liz looked around, noticing her father under her, Derek motionless on the ground behind her, and the blade raised into the air.

"Elizabeth, don't do this," her father said, coughing still from the lack of oxygen.

She pondered and pondered, but then she spoke, this time in her regular voice. "This ones for mom." She drove the blade directly into his heart. His body began seizing. She jumped to her feet, running over to Derek, allowing him to sit up. All of a sudden, her fathers body vanished into thin air. "Is it over?" She looked to Derek.

"It's over. It's all over."

The sound of clapping hands appeared behind the two of them. It was Alistair. She stood to face him. "Very well done, Pilae."

"Who are you? What are you here for?"

"I came to see the show. I knew you would defeat him. It was in your nature. But what I am most interested in, is all the power you possess."

"So you intend on killing me?" Derek tried standing, and he did, but it was more of a lean than a stand as he held onto his wounded side.

"Not exactly," Alistair said in a sing-songy voice. "I'll be seeing you again, young Pilae." With that, he waved goodbye and walked into the corridor, disappearing into darkness.

Liz set Derek back on the ground, tending to his wound. She touched it and he screamed in pain. She placed her finger to his lips, shushing him. She can heal anyone she wants with an instant wave of her hand. Liz closed her eyes as she carefully waved her hand over Derek's wound. She reopened them and the wound was instantly healed. Derek gave me a look "I heard Alistair say it."

"But how?"

"I'm a Pilae, Derek. You have no idea what I am capable of."