Chapter Thirty Three- "I Don't Care..."

Începe de la început

            “In no way am I taking that as a bad thing.” I replied. “But she got mad when we couldn’t… Well, you know.” I moved my hands to try and explain what I was getting at.

            “I understand.” He looked around to try and think of a solution. “I’m not sure what else to tell you. I could tell her that we can’t put her on that medication anymore if you don’t want her to go on it.”
            “No.” I said, interrupting him. “She’s in pain so I’ll just deal with it. It’s fine.”

            “Are you sure?” He looked up from his clipboard.

            “Positive.” I replied.

            “Alright. Well just take this cup and go get her some water. I’ll be back later to check in on her.” He handed me a paper cup from the counter.

            Walking over to the machine, I let the cold water pour slowly into the cup.

            It’s not that I was mad that Sophia got like that on the medication; it’s just that I didn’t think I could handle it. It took everything I had last week to not fuck her. But I know she’d be in pain if I did. I’ve never seen her get like that before. It was way too sexy.

            Stopping once the water was just below the rim, I made my way back to the room.

            I didn’t know when my mom was coming today. Carina had stayed over at the hospital twice and I finally told her to take a day off and head back to the hotel. She looked so tired but I didn’t blame her. I had been back home once and only for about fifteen minutes to collect some clothes for myself.

            Before I could reach the handle of the door I heard my phone go off. Taking it out of the leather pocket of my jacket, my whole body froze. Fuck. It was Scooter.

            Walking away from the door, I hit answer and made my way into the hallway of the unit to try and get better signal.

            “Hello?” I gulped, knowing I was in trouble.

            “What the fuck are you doing Justin?” His words were like ice as they came through the speaker.            

            “Scooter it’s not what it-“

            “Save it.” He snapped. “I told you the last time this shit happened that you needed to be more wise with your actions. Then you go and fucking kill somebody? What the hell is wrong with you kid?”

            I felt my blood pressure start to get higher.

            “I had to kill him or I would have lost the most important person to me.”

            “Justin are you serious? This is all over that fan Sophia  you met?”

            My jaw clenched as his words left the phone. I balled my fists up at my side to try and get myself to calm down.

            “You don’t know shit about her. You didn’t even give two fucks about me to meet her so who the fuck are you to judge my relationship Scooter?”
            I heard nothing except his breathing through the phone. I knew that Scooter would be angry with me but I didn’t think even for a second that he’d bring Sophia into this.

            “You’ve got it bad kid. She’s changing you.”

            My mouth dropped open in shock.