Chapter 27: No remembrance

The two boys locked eyes; bright caramel brown meeting dull blue that showed no signs of emotion.

".....What happened to you, what did they do?!" Gon shouted, the fire in him rising.

Killua stood up, some of his wounds oozing blood from the sudden movement, but he didn't seem to notice. "I already told you, I don't know who Killua is. Though, I've realized you are the enemy; you must be eliminated."

As Gon backed up, Killua walked closer, until Pitou called out from the doors entrance.

"Wait a moment, don't hurt the boy yet."

Immediately Killua stopped dead in his tracks as Gon whipped his head to the cat lady.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?!" He demanded, rage boiling.

"Nyeh! You know my little puppet! I'll tell ya, he was really hard to break. I tried so many methods: electroshock therapy, torture, propaganda; all of those! Until he finally crumbled when I pestered him about killing who he loved most."

Killua twitched occasionally, looking as though the light in his eyes had returned, but they only dulled once again.

After hearing what had been done to his best friend, Gon became lost in anger and his aura glowed with power.

Pitou didn't know what she had gotten herself into.

Before she knew it, Gon had uppercutted her, her jaw breaking immediately, though she didn't show signs of pain.

Learning from her mistakes, Pitou dodged the other attacks the tan boy threw at her, but when she went to make a move, Gon dodged 10 times faster then she had.

Grabbing her by the leg, Gon slammed Pitou's body into the concrete wall.

Her body crumpled to the floor, still fighting for life.

This didn't last long though, for Gon threw blow after blow to her face.

In the end, Pitou's face was left unidentifiable and Gon's fist were entirely bloodied.

Killua, who had watched the whole scene from his same spot, still held a dull gaze.

Pitou had never ordered him to help her, so he remained in his same spot, watching her die.

Wiping his hands on his uniform, Gon turned to face Killua.

"Killua please....I've really missed you!" He exclaimed.

The pale boy only shook his head. "I don't remember associating myself with someone like you. I've been a chimera solider all my life."

"You don't remember anyone?! Kurapika, Leorio, our son Val! You have to remember!" Gon tried desperately to jog Killua's memory.

"I think I'm too young to have a son, especially with a guy I don't know." Killua said rather coldly.

A few tears leaked from Gon's eyes as he tried the only thing left he could think of.

"Killua I.....I love you too dammit! I love you so much you have to remember what we had!"

Taking his hand and slapping Killua in the face, Gon felt regret for hurting his significant other further, but it was the only other option.

The dullness in the cerulean eyed boy had seemed to lift, his face showing expression once again.

"G-Gon...." Killua whispered as he collapsed, not strong enough to hold his own.

"Thank God!" Gon cradled the damaged boy in his arms, leaning down to gently kiss every cut and bruise on his face and neck.

"Can we go home...." Killua mumbled, pain etched into his voice.

"Yes, we are going home for real this time."