eighteen

i never managed to fall asleep. i couldn't stop thinking about jake, the jealousy in his voice when he knocked on my door last night. but the way he's been treating me... he deserves to be ignored for a little bit. right?

i pry out of chance's arms and walk to my bathroom to change.

i decide on wearing this:

chance is still sleeping on my bed, so i replace myself with a pillow and he snuggles up to it right away

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

chance is still sleeping on my bed, so i replace myself with a pillow and he snuggles up to it right away.

i smile at myself at his reaction and head downstairs.

-

downstairs, there's jake, ivan, kade, and erika.

"morning guys." i sleepily say.

"it is 1 in the afternoon!" ivan says, chuckling.

"oh oops." i laugh. "i'm a late sleeper."

"hey dawn can we talk really fast?" jake asks, looking down at his hands.

"I guess, but-" i start.

"babe why'd you leave me you were so warm in my arms." chance pouts, walking into the kitchen.

"forget it." jake sighs and heads towards his room.

"ja-" i say to him.

"i said forget it dawn! just leave me alone!" he yells.

there's a silence in the kitchen, thoughts running through everybody's heads on what just happened.

"you know he's been talking about you this whole morning." kade speaks up.

"what was he saying?" i ask, looking down at my drink.

"he was talking about how much he misses you and that he was stupid for what he did. now i don't know what he did, but if i were you, i'd go talk to him." kade answers.

"but he said to leave him alone." i argue.

"yeah, but when jake says leave me alone, he usually means come and talk to me." erika responds with.

"i guess i'll give it a shot. but if i end up like alissa, just know that i still love you guys." i respond.

they chuckle in the background as i head upstairs.

i reach his door, and before i go to twist the door knob, i hear him yelling to himself.

"god jake! you're so stupid! she obviously doesn't want to talk to you. she's happy with chance." he sighs. "she's never going to forgive me. i might as well just die or something." jake yells at himself.

and then i open the door and see him start punching the wall. he doesn't even notice me.

he's going to put a hole in the wall. so i jump in and try to stop his hands.

bad choice.

he continues punching and then punches me in the face.

i fall to the ground, feeling warm blood trail down my face.

"dawn! dawn! oh my god. i didn't even see you! someone call the ambulance!! dawn look at me. da-"

and then everything goes black.