Chapter 1

important note: the first two chapters are written in third person, but the following chapters will be written in first person. enjoy reading!

Chapter 1

not edited 

Amelia groaned as she rubbed her eyes. Her bright amber eyes shone in the blinding morning sunlight as she yawned, her full lips engraved into a frown as she awoke from deep slumber.

"Amelia, Breakfast!" Amelia's foster mother called out.

When Amelia was at the age of three, both her parents disappeared never to be found again. Amelia was put into a foster care and luckily got adopted by a nice woman named Helma. Amelia barely knew how her real parents looked like, but she did remember the stories they used to tell her about magical beings living in a kingdom secluded in the forest. Amelia always thought those stories were true, but now that she's eighteen she doesn't think they are.

Amelia found herself pulling her brown hair up into a bun and washing her face quickly with cold water as she rushed to the kitchen. The warm aroma of pancakes filled the air as she filled her cup with some tea.

"Good morning." Amelia's foster mother, Helma, said brightly.

"Morning, Helma." Amelia said sweetly.

"What are your plans for today? It is the last day of school remember?" Helma pondered.

Amelia smiled warmly as she quickly swallowed down the chewed up pancakes in her mouth. "Helma we already had a graduation for all the seniors, you were there... our last day was a few days ago."

Helma was suffering from a mild case of alzheimer's and could be very forgetful. "Oh, well I'll be out tonight. Stay safe, and would it kill you to check out the beautiful forest behind our home? I bought this house because it was secluded and near a forest."

Amelia nodded, "I'll check it out."

Helma smiled, "Promise me?"

"I promise, Helma." Amelia responded.

The rest of the day, Amelia decided to clean the house, unpack some things, and cook lunch. She even had time to bake a cake. Amelia felt a bit bored mostly because the house wasn't equipped with WiFi yet because they had just recently moved.

Amelia groaned, she was bored out of her mind. She had read and reread almost every book she owned. "I did promise Helma I'd go take a look in the forest." Amelia said to herself.

She decided to get ready by wearing some light blue jeggings and a black tank top accompanied by her all black Huaraches. Feeling satisfied, she decided to take her jacket in case it became cold. Chances were slim since it was the summertime.

Letting her dark brown hair into a tight ponytail, she applied some chapstick and decided she was ready. Amelia wasn't the type to be simple, she dressed to impress. She was never the type to blend in with the crowd, her beauty didn't allow that. Although she didn't have a friend to rely on and rather preferred to seclude herself.

Clutching her jacket in her hand, she took her phone and jogged outside into the forest. She loved to run, so she ran faster allowing her long legs to glide through the thick branches as she felt her heart rate increase. Suddenly, a heavy force pushed her down to the ground as she hit the floor with a THUMP.

Screaming, she looked around only to notice nobody was with her. She knew somebody pushed her, she felt something on her back. Looking down at her legs, there was blood stains on both her knees.

Standing up, fear struck her and she began running home until somebody pushed her so hard she felt like she was flying. As she hit the ground, she felt the air being knocked out of her body. Struggling to breathe, she ran the other direction hoping whatever animal was out there ran slow.

Suddenly, a growl sounded through the forest. Tears flew from her eyes, she finally regained her breath. This was the last time she was taking Helga's advice. Amelia ran with all her might not bothering to look back or look down, that is until she felt all the air knock out of her lungs as she felt herself falling and then rolling causing her to hit the ground hard. She winced and no longer felt herself wide awake, instead darkness overtook her as she lay on the soft hill.

Little did she know, it wasnt just some animal chasing her. That animal was a rogue, a werewolf banished fromthe kingdom that poor little Amelia has passed out a few yards away from.

AaBbCcDd

Hello everyone! Welcome to my first story 'The Kingdom' !! :)

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter.

Amelia took quite a blow to her head, ouch! Haha, make sure to vote and comment because I love seeing comments! <3 If you guys can find any mistakes, you can point them out. :) I'll try to fix them when this book is done.