Chapter 54. Stars

~the next day; 10:30 PM~

Your POV

"Oh, (y/n), you can stop cleaning now, it's okay!" Scott calls. "No! I want it to be 100% clean!!" I call back, roughly rubbing the table with the wet sponge. "You're always so perfectionistic." Scott chuckles. I playfully roll my eyes and drop the sponge in the bucket. "So! Done!" I exclaim and walk to the kitchen. I empty the bucket and put it away, together with the sponge. "Thank you for cleaning the tables, (y/n)!" Scott says. "Oh, no problem!" I reply, walking back to the party room. "Now, what do you think about the Funtime animatronics?" "I think they're pretty cute." I giggle. He chuckles and writes something down. "Oh, be right back." he says and walks away. "Also..those animatronics were here temporarily, right? I thought you said that to me once?" I call. "Well...I'm thinking about maybe buying them from Peter." he answers. "Oh! That sounds cool! More animatronics!" I exclaim happily. I hear him chuckle. "You like animatronics, don't you?" "Yup! They just look cool and I'm amazed by the fact that they really see your movements and they just respond to you and all. Maybe even a bit creepy." I reply, looking at Freddy. He has his eyes opened and he lifts one eyebrow. I smile widely, looking forward, in Scott's way. "Remember that we have that party tomorrow here." he says. I frown. "Huh? Which kid's birthday party now?" I ask. "Okay, you totally forgot." I look at Freddy again. He shrugs. "I think I-ooohh! You mean that business party kinda-thingy?" I exclaim. "Yup. Also, the pizzeria isn't even open tomorrow." "Oh, yeah..right." I mutter. Freddy shakes his head and playfully rolls his eyes. I know what he's thinking.
'(Y/n), seriously? Did you just forget that? Dumbass.'
I give him the finger and he gives it back. I suppress a giggle and I hear Scott come back. Freddy immediately closes his eyes again and I look forward. "Also, did you know Peter has a son?" I nod. "Yup! Josh." "He's your age." Scott says and wiggles his eyebrows.
Hold it, Freddy.
"S-Scott! No!" I laugh and throw a random plushie to his head. He laughs and catches the plushie. "Ow, come on!" He throws it back and I try to catch it, but I fail and it hits me in the face. He laughs and I swore I could hear Freddy snort for a second. "Well, I need to get going now. Are you sure you don't mind being here? On your own?" Scott asks. "No really! I don't, it's okay!"
I'm not really alone after all.
Scott smiles. "Well, okay then. If something's wrong, call me immediately." He pulls me in for a hug. "Goodnight, sweetheart." My heart melts when he said that. Coming from him. Scott really feels like a father to me.
A better one. A much better one.
I smile and gladly hug back. "I'm still so grateful that you're taking care of me now." "Oh, (y/n), it's quite alright. After all you've been through...it's the least I could do." We break the hug and he grabs his coat. "Well, I'll be going then. See you tomorrow! Oh, can you lock 'em?" "Sure! See ya!" Scott exits the pizzeria and I walk over to the doors, with the Mangle plushie in my hand, to lock them. I look out of the window and see the beautiful stars in the sky. It's absolutely stunning. I stare at the bright moon.

I run outside, dragging mommy with me. My long braids touching my back with every step I take. "Mommy, look at the sky! It's so pretty!" Mommy laughs. "You're right, (y/n)!" "I want to be a star someday. I think a star is the most prettiest thing in the world." I say. "Oh, but, hunny! You're also pretty! In my opinion, you're prettier than a star." I look up at mommy. "Do you really think so?" She nods. "I know so." I smile at her and quickly give her a hug. "Thank you mommy. I think you are also pretty. And I hope we will stay together forever!" "Of course we will stay together, (y/n). Nothing can take me away from my daughter." I let go of mommy and look up at the sky again. "Mommy?" I ask. "Yes, darling?" "Will daddy be okay?" She didn't respond to that. "Mommy?" I ask again. "Oh, yeah, of course, sweetheart! Of course! He'll be fine." "Why is he acting this way? He's so mad everytime I see him. Do I make him angry?" I ask. "No, hunny, of course not. Daddy just....well...has issues with work. Don't worry, it'll be okay." I smile at mommy. "If you say so, I believe you." I blink a few times. "Hey, mommy! Do you see that? Is that a falling star!?" I exclaim, jumping up and down in excitement. "Then I can make a wish, right?" I look at mommy. She smiles. "Yes, darling." I look at the falling star. "I wish....I wish daddy will be okay soon."

I can't help but let a few tears slide down my cheeks. "(Y/n)? Are you okay..? You've been standing quite some time there." I close the curtain. "I'm fine." I reply, my voice cracking a little bit. "Are you sure?" Freddy asks again, not buying it. Once I turn around, he gives me that look. That confused yet compassionate look, as if he can read my mind and immediately knows what's going on. He walks closer to me and wraps his arms around me. "Family?" He whispers. I nod in response and he gently pulls me in for a hug. "You're not alone." "I know..." I reply and he slowly rubs my back. "What about you're not leaving my side the rest of the day, hmm?" I look up to meet Freddy's sparkling, blue eyes and I smile. "Sounds great." he chuckles and kisses my forehead. "I love you."

???'s POV

Cute, but unfortunately it won't last long.

It shall end in 6 days.